USB Connectivity?

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Please share your successes or failures getting connected via the USB port. In particular, have you had luck connecting/syncing your phone using the WP client?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is another post on USB issues. It seems a couple of users have had success with USB 2.0 cables, but I have done some research and there are 2 kinds of micro USB cables. A standard and a OTG (On the Go). The OTG cable is wired differently, so we are still trying to figure out if the issue is USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0, or standard vs CTG. My standard micro USB 3.0 adapter does not work. I have ordered a micro USB 3.0 OTG cable from Ebay and will see. Also, one poster is working with Nokia and the are supposed to get back to him.

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the WP app, but am not having luck getting the 2520 to recognize my phone. I suspect I have the wrong cable. I have one of the adapters on order; should arrive tomorrow. I'll post an update.

Seems Nokia missed an opportunity to make this easier on us.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, that confirms my theory that the 2520 requires an OTG cable and not a standard adapter cable like some of us tried. The USB 2.0 cable that another poster had success with was also an OTG cable. I guess Nokia support does not even know this as the told another poster it did not use an OTG caable. I will post if I have success with the black USB 3.0 OTG cable I ordered on EBay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss