Unlocking Verizon Lumia 2520

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Does any one know how to unlock a the Verizon Lumia 2520? My goal is to unlock the Verizon 2520 to have it used on T-mobile's network with the Uncarrier promotion (free 200 mb of internet). I mostly use the tablet at home with WiFi but would like to have the added capability to use it on T-mobile's GSM. Although, I'm perfectly happy using the tablet on my WiFi only.

I've called Verizon several times to confirm that the tablet is "unlocked" but it seems that most Verizon reps say its "unlocked." I was able to speak to T-mobile to obtain a tablet SIM card and placed it into the Verizon Lumia 2520. When I open up the settings to view if I have mobile broad band but it shows as "No service." Just to make sure we're all the same page, the T-mobile SIM card is active and registered as mobile broad band for tablets.

Does any one have any advice on how to unlock this device? Suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    455.7 KB · Views: 12

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
T Mobile uses Band 4 LTE in refarmed areas - is there a reason you wouldn't be able to use it LTE-only?

I'm not sure... I was able to confirm with T-mobile that the mobile broad band SIM card is active but when I insert it into the device it clearly states "No service." Any suggestions? I guess I will try calling T-mobile to force the SIM card to use band 4 LTE... It's worth a try.

Screenshot (8).png

dav8o8

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I, too, picked up the Verizon model. It's not unlocked out of the box. Although I spoke w/ two online sales reps and both said it's unlocked. Doesn't work with my T-mobile SIM in Seattle. So, I'm thinking to return it today.

pranaynewton

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I also have a similar issue. But I came across this the other day.
Network Mode Setting - Nokia Lumia 2520

I think that you should be able to choose your device's network mode using the Verizon Connection Manager application. But when I tried it with another SIM it didn't show any settings. I think one would have to put in a Verizon SIM change it to GSM/UMTS and then put in the other SIM card. Can anyone try and confirm this?

Regards

Pranay

benc

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
spoke to nokia today.

they confirmed only developed 1 model that had all networks within the device, including gsm.

verizon still holding to position that their devices do not have gsm built in.

if they do have gsm built in wouldn't they be out of compliance with the fcc?

mutoubj

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Today I test my Verizon Lumia 2520 with Verizon 4G LTE SIM card and China Unicom SIM (GSM/WCDMA). I can say that the verizon Lumia 2520 definitely have the GSM/WCDMA build in. But the tablet don't have the software and apn support.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I also have a similar issue. But I came across this the other day.
Network Mode Setting - Nokia Lumia 2520

I think that you should be able to choose your device's network mode using the Verizon Connection Manager application. But when I tried it with another SIM it didn't show any settings. I think one would have to put in a Verizon SIM change it to GSM/UMTS and then put in the other SIM card. Can anyone try and confirm this?

Regards

Pranay

I will contact some of my friends who own Verizon phones / tablets and will see if i can change the settings. If not I'll go to a Verizon store and talk to the sales rep about using one of their sim cards. I'll keep you posted.

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
spoke to nokia today.

they confirmed only developed 1 model that had all networks within the device, including gsm.

verizon still holding to position that their devices do not have gsm built in.

if they do have gsm built in wouldn't they be out of compliance with the fcc?

I'm not sure about this, but what I do know is that the Verizon variant is missing a few LTE antennas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)