Waiting for your free keyboard? Post here!

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for mine either I'm just trying to be patient. Mine definitely is in a backpack if out of the house! Also my kids can't touch it until the case gets here.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait, too. I'm hoping mine comes before the end of the month, and thus the end of winter break. I used it at school last semester even without the keyboard, but it was pretty aggravating to have to constantly wipe off the screen. I can't wait for a chance to use it for schoolwork WITH the keyboard. I can finally be as productive as my classmates with Surfaces, haha.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait, too. I'm hoping mine comes before the end of the month, and thus the end of winter break. I used it at school last semester even without the keyboard, but it was pretty aggravating to have to constantly wipe off the screen. I can't wait for a chance to use it for schoolwork WITH the keyboard. I can finally be as productive as my classmates with Surfaces, haha.

For real? Many of them have Surfaces? I have the Surface RT too (going to sell once I get my power keyboard) and have only seen a few others with one.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
For real? Many of them have Surfaces? I have the Surface RT too (going to sell once I get my power keyboard) and have only seen a few others with one.
Oh, yeah, lots of them! Ever since the Surface 2's release, I've been seeing them all over Baruch. I'm not sure how many of them are actually the 2 (I know at least a couple of my friends have the RT), but it doesn't seem like a coincidence that I started seeing them more after the release of the new one. My political psych professor had a Surface 2 also. I'm basically the one hipster who has a 2520 instead, lol.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh, yeah, lots of them! Ever since the Surface 2's release, I've been seeing them all over Baruch. I'm not sure how many of them are actually the 2 (I know at least a couple of my friends have the RT), but it doesn't seem like a coincidence that I started seeing them more after the release of the new one. My political psych professor had a Surface 2 also. I'm basically the one hipster who has a 2520 instead, lol.

I find the 2520 more of a tablet experience then the Rt or Surface 2. I like it tough. Its lighter, fast, and awesome. Your Surface 2 buddies said anytime to you yet about it?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
When I called today to verify that my materials had been received I was told that the keyboard should ship in 2-3 weeks.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I find the 2520 more of a tablet experience then the Rt or Surface 2. I like it tough. Its lighter, fast, and awesome. Your Surface 2 buddies said anytime to you yet about it?

That's exactly why I went for it, haha. I definitely appreciate the lighter and handier design, in spite of the lack of a kick stand. The keyboard will mitigate that once it comes anyway. And yeah, my professor who has the Surface 2 said he loved the design of the 2520 and thought that the lack of a USB port outside the keyboard was the only real flaw.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got off the phone with them. Still looking at shipment most likely at the end of January. Also, the color of the keyboard is supposedly going to be black.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with them. Still looking at shipment most likely at the end of January. Also, the color of the keyboard is supposedly going to be black.

Sounds about right. Did they give an approximate date? And I had a feeling it'd be black-- frankly, after the long wait, I'm more happy just to have the thing. Though I admit I'd have really liked having the red...

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Sounds about right. Did they give an approximate date? And I had a feeling it'd be black-- frankly, after the long wait, I'm more happy just to have the thing. Though I admit I'd have really liked having the red...

No approximate date was stated, however from the sound of it, the keyboards might start shipping at the end of January which means we would probably get them in the beginning of February or so.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
No approximate date was stated, however from the sound of it, the keyboards might start shipping at the end of January which means we would probably get them in the beginning of February or so.

Damn, if they don't arrive till February, I'll have to go a few days of spring semester without having my keyboard...oh well, at least I have a better idea of when it'll come. Thanks for making these calls so I didn't have to, friend.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I called today just to ensure my request was in order. The lady said pretty much the same as others stated...shipping this month. However, she did add that I was one of the earlier ones received and that I'd probably have mine in a week or two. FIFO, baby!

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I called today just to ensure my request was in order. The lady said pretty much the same as others stated...shipping this month. However, she did add that I was one of the earlier ones received and that I'd probably have mine in a week or two. FIFO, baby!
When did you send yours out? Maybe I can kinda gauge how far behind mine is based on the date...

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I literally am on the phone with them right now. They told me I should have it in the next 7 - 10 business days. If I have not received it in that time, then to call them back and they should have tracking information by then. Also, she confirmed that it would be delivered in Jan. I was also able to verify that they have all my documents and everything is fine.

Please call the 877 number yourself if you have any doubts about this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb