Waiting for your free keyboard? Post here!

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Ha, just got off the phone too to check my status. The warehouse has the info, but they're waiting to be delivered to the warehouse today, then will start shipping out tomorrow. She said expect mine early next week pending weather (north east US).

So it's warehouse today, shipping tomorrow? So I could theoretically call tomorrow or the day after and get tracking info? Last time I called, the lady said I was in a pretty early batch and shouldn't have to worry about it coming too late compared to others.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So it's warehouse today, shipping tomorrow? So I could theoretically call tomorrow or the day after and get tracking info? Last time I called, the lady said I was in a pretty early batch and shouldn't have to worry about it coming too late compared to others.

I would say call Thursday. If the warehouse ships, and they do a batch file to put the info back in Nokia's system, that could take a day. But with how exact she was with her information, I'm thinking she's accurate. Or at least I hope!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just called. The person I talked with was wonderful. She was very pleasant and helpful. She mentioned that there was a delay and they are due at the warehouse by the end of the week, so they will probably go out the beginning of next week. She told me mine was an early submission, so it should be one of the early ones going out. I am enjoying my tablet so much that another week or two to wait for the keyboard is not an issue for me, especially since it is free. Hopefully we will start to get posts by late next week with the first lucky people posting an eagerly awaited package showing up.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I received an email from the distribution center handling these. It stated that they are getting ready to begin the distribution of the Nokia Power Keyboards in the next 1-2 weeks. In order to fulfill my keyboard request, Nokia came back with a question with regard to the IMEI number I entered for submission. They needed to know which Nokia Lumia 2520 I purchased (AT&T Black or Verizon Black/Red).

I replied back that I had an AT&T black. I also asked if we will get an email for tracking, what color, and what shipping is being used.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I received an email from the distribution center handling these. It stated that they are getting ready to begin the distribution of the Nokia Power Keyboards in the next 1-2 weeks. In order to fulfill my keyboard request, Nokia came back with a question with regard to the IMEI number I entered for submission. They needed to know which Nokia Lumia 2520 I purchased (AT&T Black or Verizon Black/Red).

I replied back that I had an AT&T black. I also asked if we will get an email for tracking, what color, and what shipping is being used.

Did they answer any of those last three questions for you?

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
More information:

The Nokia distribution center will not send an email with tracking. All keyboards are going to be black. They will be shipping via USPS Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation. They also expect that these will have shipped out by the end of next week (January 31st). If mine has not arrived by February 7th, I can follow up with my contact and he will see if I have tracking from the Nokia distribution center.

With me not being in a rush, it will come when it will come. Glad to know they are on their way though.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
More information:

The Nokia distribution center will not send an email with tracking. All keyboards are going to be black. They will be shipping via USPS Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation. They also expect that these will have shipped out by the end of next week (January 31st). If mine has not arrived by February 7th, I can follow up with my contact and he will see if I have tracking from the Nokia distribution center.

With me not being in a rush, it will come when it will come. Glad to know they are on their way though.
So no one will be seeing them till the week after next week at least? I can live with that-- I wanted to have the thing within my first week back at school, but I can manage with this.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I so wanted red , to make up for the fact that at&t does not offer red :(

I wanted my 1520 and 2520 to somewhat match lol first world problems........

Bottom line its free so who cares haha

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I never had a chance of making my phone and tablet match, considering my phone is a yellow 1020, lol. Like you said, it's still free and I can't rightly complain.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a red as well at first, but I think the black will show less dirt. I have actually been surprised how little I miss a keyboard. I find I can do as much with the touch keyboard (especially set with the split screen keyboard) than I could with my netbook. Of course I am not using any of the office apps at this point. I have a bluetooth HP keyboard, but I have only used it a couple of times. But I am really looking forward to the free powered keyboard. It will be interesting how much heavier and bulkier it will feel than the case I am currently using.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I wanted a red as well at first, but I think the black will show less dirt. I have actually been surprised how little I miss a keyboard. I find I can do as much with the touch keyboard (especially set with the split screen keyboard) than I could with my netbook. Of course I am not using any of the office apps at this point. I have a bluetooth HP keyboard, but I have only used it a couple of times. But I am really looking forward to the free powered keyboard. It will be interesting how much heavier and bulkier it will feel than the case I am currently using.
I know what you mean in regards to getting thing done with just the touch keyboard-- I've managed to type an entire 15 page paper on my 2520, with just the onscreen keyboard. That's something I would never have had the patience to do on my old Nexus 7. In my case, though, it's only made me even more acutely aware of how much I miss a physical keyboard. I get really anal about keeping my touch screen clean, and boy does it ever get dirty after typing 15 pages in Word! As productive as I am with the tablet in its current state, I'm sure the keyboard will only increase it, by getting rid of the time I lose on silly autocorrect errors and cleaning my screen.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I get really anal about keeping my touch screen clean, and boy does it ever get dirty after typing 15 pages in Word!

I would recommend the IllumniShield Screen protectors on Amazon. The Lumia 2520 screen has no oleophobic coating on it, and when I was using mine it would have touchscreen problems. I bought the IlumniShield screen protector which are oleophobic and that solved the problem of the fingerprints and the touchscreen issue, plus you can really see the screen clearly and effectively, especially with the ClearBlack display.

Last edited:

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the IllumniShield Screen protectors on Amazon. The Lumia 2520 screen has no oleophobic coating on it, and when I was using mine it would have touchscreen problems. I bought the IlumniShield screen protector which are oleophobic and that solved the problem of the fingerprints, plus you can really see the screen clearly and effectively, especially with the ClearBlack display.

That sounds awesome-- thanks for the tip, friend! I've been looking for a good screen protector, but wasn't sure which model to go with for a while. Out of curiosity, though, what does "oleophobic" mean? Oil-repelling or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12