Waiting for your free keyboard? Post here!

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
The 2520 keyboard is def a WTF situation. I bought the damn thing just before xmas with the assurance from a Nokia rep that the keyboard would be available "in a couple of weeks after new year's". Well here it is almost mid Feb and I'm still waiting cash in hand for it. This has been a total fiasco and will def make me pause long and hard before pulling the trigger on anymore stuff from Nokisoft.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The 2520 keyboard is def a WTF situation. I bought the damn thing just before xmas with the assurance from a Nokia rep that the keyboard would be available "in a couple of weeks after new year's". Well here it is almost mid Feb and I'm still waiting cash in hand for it. This has been a total fiasco and will def make me pause long and hard before pulling the trigger on anymore stuff from Nokisoft.

You bring up a good point. I mean, you hear everyone on this board slam AT&T for removing the Qi wireless charging from the 1520, but I have yet to see a Nokia Wireless Charging Shell released. Yes, they didn't promise one, but still. I'm hoping these are just hiccups during the acquisition faze. I purchased a 2520 the first week it was released, finally got tired of waiting, and sold it on ebay. If I wanted to purchase the keyboard, I still couldn't months later.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You guys can take this with a grain of salt but was over on the Nokia forums and someone said this (look at picture) We will find out soon enough as I purchased one off of eBay and have a Verizon version, should get it next week sometime.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1391729855826.jpg
    1391729855826.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 15

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
You guys can take this with a grain of salt but was over on the Nokia forums and someone said this (look at picture) We will find out soon enough as I purchased one off of eBay and have a Verizon version, should get it next week sometime.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

i believe the post. doesnt make any sense how the new firmware will help, unless they didnt even test the unit prior to selling them. they had the verizon tablet with kb at nokia world, and it was working then

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got my keyboard and it is awesome. It types well (much better then the Surface keyboard). Hardware feels awesome. I'm so excited. I also tried it on my wife's awesome Verizon Read 2520. I can confirm to you that it works on hers as well ( I have AT&T). So I don't know what the batch stuff from Verizon's is talking about.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I read the whole thread and still can't figure out how do you get a keyboard for free... : ( feel silly for asking, but what was/is the deal ?

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I read the whole thread and still can't figure out how do you get a keyboard for free... : ( feel silly for asking, but what was/is the deal ?
When the 2520 released, Nokia ran a promotion to give a Power Keyboard away as an incentive for buying the device. I believe the promotion ran until sometime in early December 2013, but could be wrong about that detail. Does that help?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
You had to buy the 2520 between November 22, 2013 and December 2, 2013. If you didn't, or didn't get your claim postmarked by January 31, 2014 then don't bother trying to get one for free. Just go buy one. It is a great addition to an awesome tablet.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
You had to buy the 2520 between November 22, 2013 and December 2, 2013. If you didn't, or didn't get your claim postmarked by January 31, 2014 then don't bother trying to get one for free. Just go buy one. It is a great addition to an awesome tablet.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That clears it up for me... I guess I missed that train. The tablet is really nice, especially with LTE connectivity... I need to keyboard to complete the package, so I will just have to buy one.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That clears it up for me... I guess I missed that train. The tablet is really nice, especially with LTE connectivity... I need to keyboard to complete the package, so I will just have to buy one.
The keyboard is awesome. I do wish, however, that there was a lighter weight keyboard only option and a slight design change to allow at least two tilt angles. In fact, a minor modification to the current design would allow the option just fine.

Compared to the original Surface touch keyboard this one is way easier to use.

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have not received my keyboard, should I be worried? I got an email a few weeks ago with a $20 voucher promising it would be delivered by the end of Feb. I bought it from Verizon. Anybody else still waiting?

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Folks, it's not really helpful to just post about how you're waiting. Please post whether or not you've called the free keyboard helpline. Otherwise, "me too" doesn't really help any of us to know where your request is at (which I hope is really soon :) ). Calling in could also prompt them to ship your keyboard sooner or help you to know if paperwork/extra effort is needed on your part.

EDIT:
Here's the information from the offer page for those who want to call Nokia for information on where their free keyboard request is at:

"If you have questions about this Offer, please call toll-free: 1.877.906.6542"

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99