Nokia 2520 and Lumia 920 bluetooth problem

neeko708

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When trying to connect my 2520 and 920 using Bluetooth they connect for 10 seconds then disconnect. I am able to connect both devices to my old iPod although the iPod says the 920 is not supported.

I have googled this but have been unable to get any results.

Has anyone had this problem?

mitsuyager9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Nokia story teller to connect them? Mine does it too if there is no program communicating between the two. What are you trying to do by connecting?

neeko708

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had story teller running at the time when trying to set this up. I wanted to transfer files from my phone to the tablet without uploading to SkyDrive then down to the tablet.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I'd like to brows the phone's picture folder to transfer pictures to the tablet without a WiFi connection or a cellular data connection.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You'll have to use the desktop Bluetooth tray icon and select to receive files before you can directly send files from your phone.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to use the desktop Bluetooth tray icon and select to receive files before you can directly send files from your phone.
So if I understand what you are saying, an ad-hoc network can't be created between the two devices using Bluetooth? I was able to get tap-and-send to work so at least I have that option. Thanks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So if I understand what you are saying, an ad-hoc network can't be created between the two devices using Bluetooth? I was able to get tap-and-send to work so at least I have that option. Thanks.

Cant answer the ad-hoc network question definitively but from my experience I haven't had any WP device maintain a constant BT connection with a Windows device for transferring data, have always had to set the PC to receive BT content manually. NFC removes that need as it establishes the initial connection then BT takes over for the transfer.

neeko708

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I tried tap to send and it still did not work. This is frustrating!

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried tap to send and it still did not work. This is frustrating!

Make sure Bluetooth and NFC are enabled on both the tablet and phone. Go to the Photos hub and select one or more photos and select the share option. Select Tap+Send then tap the phone to the NFC sticker on the back of the tablet and wait a little bit and you should see the progress bar appear and the photo(s) transferring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky