Screen Lag and clicking multiple times

geraldem

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
So I have had the 2520 for 2 weeks. Love the form factor, but the issues with the screen is driving me crazy. When browsing using IE, sometimes I have to select a link 3,4,5 or 6 times to get it to navigate to the site. Sometime the only way to select link is to pinch zoom. I have tried same sites and links with Surface Pro, Dell Venue 8 Pro...etc, No Issues. Definitely an issue with the 2520.

Has any found a fix? is this maybe a defect with my particular device, should I ask for return?
Thanks.

JimmyRandall

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same but only with links that are small like the page numbers on here, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Anything that's bigger like the sub forum option above ( Home > Forum > Windows 8 tablets > Nokia Lumia 2520) I don't have any problems.

No screen lag tho.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I really wish Nokia had a public bug splat page or something similar so we could submit bugs and see what the status is.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Same with mine. I love the form factor of this device but I seriously don't think that I would buy it again. Trying to chat with Nokia about the issues is almost like trying to talk to a deaf person. My daughters iPad Syncs so nice with her iPhone where as the 2520 doesn't do as well with my L 925. It's all the little things that makes me think that I made a mistake with this tablet.

The touch screen is awful having to click numerous times for links

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
You would think there would be some sort of software fix. Microsoft is focused on Surface so wouldn't expect too much.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
So I have had the 2520 for 2 weeks. Love the form factor, but the issues with the screen is driving me crazy. When browsing using IE, sometimes I have to select a link 3,4,5 or 6 times to get it to navigate to the site. Sometime the only way to select link is to pinch zoom. I have tried same sites and links with Surface Pro, Dell Venue 8 Pro...etc, No Issues. Definitely an issue with the 2520.

Has any found a fix? is this maybe a defect with my particular device, should I ask for return?
Thanks.

Have had this same problem and just happened to look at the Verizon help page. They say this capacitive Touchscreen requires skin to touch the screen and says might not work with a screen saver. Just removed the screen saver my Verizon rep sold me. I'll let you know of it helps.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It's been a little while since I removed the screen saver and I'm happy to report that the screen has been much more responsive. I'm much happier now with my Nokia tablet!

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Wait, what?

1. Windows RT has screen savers? That's news to me!
  2. The rep made you buy a Windows Store screen saver app for Windows RT? Can you link to the app?
He is most likely referring to a screen protector, not a "screen saver" like you're thinking. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon