Keyboards are in process of shipping

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I think early is before Xmas honestly. I mailed mine around the 5th, and I'm still early!
Ah, I see...good point! I keep forgetting that you only needed to BUY the thing prior to 3 December, and that people who did so were free to send in their forms pretty much any old time after the fact.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The fact that nobody is posting that they have received a keyboard tells me that they did not ship last Friday, or at least they did not ship priority mail, as somebody should have gotten one by today if that was the case. Priority mail should take 2 or 3 days to most zips.

Caslav

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I was hopeful that mine would be there when I got home from work yesterday. If it was sent last weekend USPS priority mail over the weekend, certainly by Friday I will have it.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I was hopeful that mine would be there when I got home from work yesterday. If it was sent last weekend USPS priority mail over the weekend, certainly by Friday I will have it.

That's what I'm hoping for too, but I'm equally prepared for disappointment, given how things have gone so far...

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Here's my thoughts knowing how shipping systems work. They probably actually sent the orders to the warehouse Friday. Possibly later in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure these people don't work on weekend so I suspect they were closed. Monday, they started getting the orders into USPS for them to pick up. USPS won't start picking them up till the next day. So now you got Wed, Thurs, Friday. So people may not start seeing first set of shipment at earliest Friday, maybe even Saturday. This of course is all speculation for the early ones. Which in my case would make sense when she told me 2-2 1/2 weeks for me.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just called and the very nice lady said they had my online submission, but not my paperwork. I mailed that off exactly 2 months ago yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't pay heed to the instructions to make copies of everything, so I'm out of luck. Oh well, I guess I have no one to blame but myself. I'm still incredibly pissed off at the situation. I think the Surface 2 is more in my wheel house anyway, so up to ebay my 2520 goes.

I have the forms digitally if you want to re-send them. You just need your info, and I'm sure whoever your purchased it from can reproduce a receipt.

Alan Ramirez

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I called the phone number as well and was told the same information. I will say with the winter storms that came thru Friday, and the beginning of this week most of Texas shutdown at least government agencies that were not providing health care services were closed. I doubt they were actually picked up any earlier than yesterday when things opened back up for normal business.

vnarra63

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Folks, I know I am going little bit off topic. Sorry for that. If I buy a no-contract Nokia 2520 from the Microsoft Store, would I be stuck with a monthly plan from AT&T which I have to call AT&T and cancel? I am just suspicious of AT&T that they would start charging me and then, if I cancel the subscription, the tablet will stop working. Also, would I ever be able to switch to a different carrier SIM ever? Why do they always say "Buy Nokia 2520 AT&T" or "Buy Nokia 2520 Verizon". Why can't they just sell a "Nokia 2520 with 4G LTE capability"? Why do I have to give my information to AT&T if I don't want a data plan?

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Folks, I know I am going little bit off topic. Sorry for that. If I buy a no-contract Nokia 2520 from the Microsoft Store, would I be stuck with a monthly plan from AT&T which I have to call AT&T and cancel? I am just suspicious of AT&T that they would start charging me and then, if I cancel the subscription, the tablet will stop working. Also, would I ever be able to switch to a different carrier SIM ever? Why do they always say "Buy Nokia 2520 AT&T" or "Buy Nokia 2520 Verizon". Why can't they just sell a "Nokia 2520 with 4G LTE capability"? Why do I have to give my information to AT&T if I don't want a data plan?
I bought mine on an installment plan, as they told me they can't sell these things SIM free for the first two months that they're out. However, the atypically nice AT&T employee told me how to get out of the plan within a month; I just paid the tax when I first bought the tablet, waited till the first bill came up, then asked to accelerate the payment and give them the rest of the full price all at once. Took a lot of talking, but it worked.

Now then, back on topic-- keyboard! i no haz one. D:

maxavier

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I called the phone number as well and was told the same information. I will say with the winter storms that came thru Friday, and the beginning of this week most of Texas shutdown at least government agencies that were not providing health care services were closed. I doubt they were actually picked up any earlier than yesterday when things opened back up for normal business.

Dallas is fine...."the south" is a large place ^^

rsud93

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
For those in the UK, were you able to go into a John Lewis store and pick up a keyboard today? Did they have any display units? Anyone able to get their hands on one and can share anything with us?

I highly doubt the keyboards shipped on Friday as no one in the US has received anything yet. Perhaps they're doing what Apple, et. al, usually does with their products where they ship them early but make the postal carriers hold the shipments until the official release date to deliver? Of course, Nokia hasn't announced any release day, so I'm not sure about that. Let's keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow or Saturday. Has anyone called the 877 number recently and press the lady on the phone about tracking, or whether or not they actually shipped? I would, but I've already called so often, I think they remember me by name. xD

jowza

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Could somebody who has bought the keyboard post some photos of what it looks like from the back, sides and folded? Thanks!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the forms digitally if you want to re-send them. You just need your info, and I'm sure whoever your purchased it from can reproduce a receipt.

Thank you. I still have a few blank forms as I printed off some extras. The problem is the bar codes from the side of the retail box. I just cut them out and mailed them instead of copying them. They need either the actual bar codes, or a copy of them.

It's fine, mine sold on ebay for $405. I'm happy. Back to the Surface 2, which for me was an infinitely superior device.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Another day, another...uhh, waiting session, I suppose. I doubt anything'll come up today, but I'll try and call before they close this time to see if there were any new developments with shipping.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Another day, another...uhh, waiting session, I suppose. I doubt anything'll come up today, but I'll try and call before they close this time to see if there were any new developments with shipping.

I still believe in my initial statement that things *may* start being delivered today or tomorrow. There was bad weather in Texas Tuesday that could had delayed. We'll see. I'm hopeful but not holding any breath.

mesazoo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine at the Microsoft store. I did not have to get a data plan at that point. I did later on when I wanted it. The ATT and Verizon designation is because they both use different cellular technology and aren't interchangeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs