03-10-2014 09:05 PM
205 12345 ...
tools
    Its not about VZW, but 1. The release of this tablet and 2. The fact that even with window tablets, carriers have control over updates. I mean really? A freaking update from VZW for a window tablet for keyboard firmware is complete asinine. It makes me fear that the ATT version is on the same boat if they don't want to update firmware. I was very hesitant to buy it when I could have had the Surface freedom. Why I don't care for LTE Tablets and giving control to carriers for a product I bought. Sadly I went against my better judgment cause I love this tablet.
    I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet, at least in regards to whether the AT&T version would have the same firmware problem. I mean, the person who posted the report about the Verizon ones obviously had no problem learning about the issue, so if it was affecting the other version too, someone probably would have said something.

I can't speak for the other stuff-- to each their own, of course.
    01-31-2014 02:13 PM
    So I just got an email stating my Keyboard is on its way from Matt rothschild and also a $20 voucher. Hopefully they really did ship.
    01-31-2014 02:40 PM
    So I just got an email stating my Keyboard is on its way from Matt rothschild and also a $20 voucher. Hopefully they really did ship.
    Who's "Matt Rothschild"?
    01-31-2014 02:46 PM
    "Head of Nokia North America"
    01-31-2014 02:48 PM
    I got an email from Matt telling me mine will be shipped out by the end of February! It included a $20 voucher, Guess I was on the back of the list
    01-31-2014 02:50 PM
    Aw man, I didn't get any email yet...
    01-31-2014 02:52 PM
    I got an email from Matt telling me mine will be shipped out by the end of February! It included a $20 voucher, Guess I was on the back of the list
    Verizon Wireless?
    01-31-2014 02:53 PM
    +1 with the email and the $20 voucher 😊... Now Just wait for the box
    01-31-2014 02:56 PM
    The great keyboard hoax of 2014! Care to post Matt Rothschild's email address? (...watch, it will be sitting in my foyer when I get home...please, please, please)!
    01-31-2014 02:57 PM
    I too just got an email from Matt. My email said the KB is on the way currently and also I've received a $20 voucher for "apps, games, music, and more". Super stoked on this, especially considering Best Buy's $499 price tag for the Surface Pro had me doubting my choice a bit.

Just for reference I bought the day before T-Day and sent in the stuff I think...Dec 1?
    01-31-2014 02:59 PM
    The great keyboard hoax of 2014! Care to post Matt Rothschild's email address? (...watch, it will be sitting in my foyer when I get home...please, please, please)!
    It's not really his address, it's for nokiahelp@tictoc.com

I responded asking for tracking, and nothing back.
    01-31-2014 03:00 PM
    I too just got an email from Matt. My email said the KB is on the way currently and also I've received a $20 voucher for "apps, games, music, and more". Super stoked on this, especially considering Best Buy's $499 price tag for the Surface Pro had me doubting my choice a bit.

Just for reference I bought the day before T-Day and sent in the stuff I think...Dec 1?
    I haven't received any such email yet. I sent my stuff on the 3rd of December, you think that might be a problem?
    01-31-2014 03:11 PM
    Maybe alphabetical? I sent mine in on the wednesday the 4th at the end of business, so it probably didn't go out till the 5th?
    01-31-2014 03:13 PM
    I haven't received any such email yet. I sent my stuff on the 3rd of December, you think that might be a problem?
    I dont know. I just remember calling ahead and asking the woman on the phone if I had everything they needed since it seemed kind of washy about how they were doing everything. Also, I live near Dallas so I wanted to know if I could just pop in and get it. She said they weren't there (where you sent the stuff) but at their warehouse. I didn't ask where the warehouse was.

And I asked about every detail about how to prepare the submittal and the woman seemed to have an attitude of "yah whatever just send it in". So, to answer your question: no I don't think sending it in on the 3rd matters, I just don't have 100% confidence in their program in general.
    01-31-2014 03:15 PM
    I mailed mine on 11/27, and no email or keyboard yet, though if they give me another $20 voucher, I will be fine with the wait.
    Just an FYI, make sure you're checking your junk mail.
    davejones2 likes this.
    Thanks for your recent purchase of a Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet. I hope you're having a blast with your new tablet and exploring all it has to offer.

I wanted to reach out with an update on the free Nokia Power Keyboard that you registered to receive with this purchase. My team has been working hard to get the keyboard out to you and it's on its way! I know you've been waiting for it and I want to personally thank you for your continued patience with this complimentary $20 voucher for use on apps, games, music and more in the Microsoft store on your Nokia Lumia 2520.

CODE: *redacted*

To redeem the code, simply go to the Microsoft Store and enter 'Your account'. Once in Your account, go to 'Redeem Code' and enter the code above. Your Microsoft account balance will then be credited.

Also, a quick pro tip - for the optimal experience, please be sure to accept all software updates and restart your tablet before using it with your new keyboard for the first time. It's quick and easy to do: just search "Check for updates" and install all available updates.

Thanks for choosing Nokia and I hope you enjoy using your Lumia 2520 tablet and Power Keyboard as much as I do.

Kind regards,

Matt Rothschild

Head of Nokia North America
    01-31-2014 03:17 PM
    thousands of emails are being sent, AT&T device customer also gets $20 voucher and email will say shipped. VZW device customers will get $20 voucher with end February date. Tic Toc stated it might take hours for all emails to be sent.
    01-31-2014 03:27 PM
    Still nothing, though I'm still waiting. I've tried to call the number for clarification a couple of times now, but the line is constantly busy.

EDIT: Wait, no, I have it now.
    Last edited by RodimusMajor; 01-31-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    01-31-2014 03:28 PM
    I got the same exact email.
    01-31-2014 03:47 PM
    update: I just got the email saying it is on its way and got the $20 voucher. Rebates always come later than they say they will, but I have never seen any company then compensate me with an extra like this $20 voucher! So I am thrilled with their customer support and loving my 2520, even without a keyboard. I have no regrets. It seems the emails are going out slowly, so if you have not gotten it, be patient. I hope to see mine the beginning of next week, assuming that it goes out priority mail.
    aitt and RodimusMajor like this.
    01-31-2014 03:51 PM
    I sent my purchase info/doc's on 11/23/2013 and I have not received "the email" yet.
    01-31-2014 04:04 PM
    Yeah don't get me wrong I love my 2520 and maybe I'm more impatient then need be, I just think the whole promotion for this product has been very lackluster. I can't wait though. I wouldn't be surprised if something was here for me tomorrow. I do slightly question the email though. Its a mass generated email and never says shipped, only that its "on its way" that's a very broad definition and could mean anything.
    RodimusMajor likes this.
    01-31-2014 04:05 PM
    Update! Just received "the email"
    aitt and RodimusMajor like this.
    01-31-2014 04:13 PM
    I got the email too. Since I never called Nokia to check my keyboard status, maybe this is a good sign that they have my paperwork.

obviously, they either under supply the kb, or there were problems and had to make new batches. Nice to get $20 voucher for delaying a free accessory.
    01-31-2014 04:26 PM
205 12345 ...