03-10-2014 10:05 PM
205 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Got mine as well but my 7th onth old thinks its hers
    02-03-2014 01:32 PM
    well my girlfriend got hers but i didnt get mine because of the one device per household crap. Im so mad right now. Shouldve looked through the fine print.
    02-03-2014 03:16 PM
    I just got my keyboard. It does add more weight, compared to the cover I have been using, which is to be expected with the extra battery, but I can see using both covers, depending on what I want to do. For simple playing and surfing, I will use my old cover to keep it protected. For more serious use like using office or if I travel and want to use it like a laptop, the powered cover will be better. It would be interesting if they would ever offered a non powered lighter version. I think that would be an interesting alternative for those wanting a keyboard but no need for the extra battery. But as to the quality, I am impressed. I was worried about the small keyboard, but I have to say that in my initial testing, I am really happy. I can type very fast and very comfortably. For such a small and thin keyboard, Nokia did an amazing job. Thank you Nokia for an amazing tablet, fantastic free powered keyboard, and the $40 dollars in store credits (one when I bought it and the one from the email last week).
    aitt likes this.
    02-03-2014 03:20 PM
    It reminds me of a Trapper Keeper
    02-03-2014 03:42 PM
    Just received my keyboard, can't wait to try it out..........................San Francisco Bay Area
    aitt likes this.
    02-03-2014 03:50 PM
    I definitely can't imagine that you wouldn't get it. Mine just arrived today for the AT&T version. The blow back from delivering them for AT&T and not Verizon would be horrendous.
    Anyone with Verizon got the kb?
    02-03-2014 04:47 PM
    Just got mine (AT&T), I'm so happy! :)
    aitt likes this.
    02-03-2014 05:12 PM
    Man got mine after Dec 2 so no keyboard for me:/ No credits either, not from Verizon for getting it or for Nokia taking so long, I still have to wait longer now so I honestly don't see the situation fixed until I can buy one. Come on Nokia your so slow with your accessories it seems like, still waiting on that bigger wireless car charger too
    02-03-2014 05:22 PM
    Received mine today (Houston) and I'm using it now. I'm very impressed. For those asking all the questions, I have an AT&T version purchased on the last day of the promotion 2-Dec, and I submitted my paperwork a few days after.

I'm curious if anyone has found any settings for the keyboard, as I'd like to disable the mouse gestures for app switching (I'm constantly accidentally using it because the touchpad is so small) and would also like to reverse the two-finger scrolling direction, but I'll start a new thread for that.
    02-03-2014 05:24 PM
    Just got mine today as well, using it right now. Works great. Had a fully charged battery too! I live in the Sacramento, California area and the mail man was just walking to my door as I got home from the dentist. Perfect timing. I did have to sign a receipt for the delivery though, so for those still waiting, keep an eye open for a delivery notice or something like that.

My Lumia 2520 is the AT&T version, bought it on the first day, and sent in my paperwork the following week. Hang in there folks! Hopefully yours is no more than a day or two away!!
    02-03-2014 07:51 PM
    Received mine too! I got home and had a delivery notice. I waited until I thought that the carrier made it back to the PO and went down to pick it up. The gal said that it was perfect timing as the carrier had just walked in the door so I got my keyboard and didn't have to wait until tomorrow.

I bought my AT&T 2520 2 days into the promotion and mailed in the paper work a couple of days later. The battery came with a 42% charge which is right in range with the proper state of charge for long term storage of Lithium batteries. FWIW, I'm in Washington State.
    02-03-2014 10:01 PM
    Anyone with Verizon got the kb?
    I got a verizon 2520 and sent my voucher in the 3rd day possible. Still no keyboard for me... or firmware update...hmmm Waiting for firmware release before shipping maybe?
    02-04-2014 08:17 AM
    Mine came yesterday....definitely worth the wait.
    02-04-2014 08:56 AM
    So does the keyboard add battery life as well?
    How does the input feel when you type?
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    02-04-2014 11:11 AM
    Did anyone who got the keyboard buy their Nokia on line? The fine print said you had to purchase in a B&M store, but I purchased online directly - in the right timeframe. I got the email saying "please be patient, here's 20 bucks", so I'm hopeful. But if someone can confirm on-line purchase worked too, that would be great.
    02-04-2014 12:15 PM
    Did anyone who got the keyboard buy their Nokia on line? The fine print said you had to purchase in a B&M store, but I purchased online directly - in the right timeframe. I got the email saying "please be patient, here's 20 bucks", so I'm hopeful. But if someone can confirm on-line purchase worked too, that would be great.
    You can call the 800-number to confirm that they have your paperwork and such. If you got the email from Matt Rothschild, you're probably in good shape and should receive your keyboard soon.
    02-04-2014 12:18 PM
    So does the keyboard add battery life as well?
    How does the input feel when you type?
    Yes there is a battery in the case. And the input feels as good as any other Notebook or Bluetooth tablet designed keyboard. Responds well and I can type pretty damn fast with little to know mistakes as if I'm typing on a regular keyboard. It's very solid and responsive
    Greywolf1967 likes this.
    02-04-2014 12:19 PM
    Well I'm typing on mine right now!! Not too bad, but will take some getting used to, because all of my laptops have been 17" specifically for the extra real estate hehe. It's also weird because the second I started using it, I totally forgot that I'm on a touch screen device and started trying to use only the mouse pad on the keyboard, lol.

I'm wondering how long this will really hold up to some serious typing though. Yeah, it adds a bit of weight, but it feels good IMO. I guess time will tell.

**Note: I actually got my notice on Feb 1, but I wasn't around, so I just now had time to stop by the post office and pick it up.
    Greywolf1967 likes this.
    02-04-2014 01:02 PM
    I am really liking mine, but I found a problem. The part of the cover that houses the battery on mine is coming apart near one of the corners. That's a little disappointing.
    02-04-2014 01:03 PM
    The only thing that concerns me is the flap starting to tear from duration of pressure using the mouse or palm resting in it during typing as the flap does not sit flushed with the battery. I got accustom to typing palms up not touching it.
    02-04-2014 02:50 PM
    Got mine! Love it. Gives the tablet a more premium look and feel. I am, however, trying to get used to the mouse pad.
    02-04-2014 04:42 PM
    Got mine! Love it. Gives the tablet a more premium look and feel. I am, however, trying to get used to the mouse pad.
    yeah its weird there buttons below that don't click
    02-04-2014 04:47 PM
    I got a verizon 2520 and sent my voucher in the 3rd day possible. Still no keyboard for me... or firmware update...hmmm Waiting for firmware release before shipping maybe?
    Called today, and they said maybe in 2 wks the firmware will be ready. said to call them again.
    meathead88 likes this.
    02-04-2014 06:35 PM
    I am really liking mine, but I found a problem. The part of the cover that houses the battery on mine is coming apart near one of the corners. That's a little disappointing.
    Mine is separating between the right side of the spacebar and the ctrl key. :( Not sure what to do about it. I don't want to be without the keyboard but don't want it to get worse and die an early death.

The only other thing is that when using it in tablet mode as shown on the video of it being demoed (touch pad bar folded up and tablet laying on keyboard) I can't get the onscreen keyboard to come up in the modern UI apps. It seems they forgot about that mode. .... Well, after typing all of that I tried the charm bar and found that Settings | keyboard gives the option to choose the onscreen keyboard. At least there is a workaround for the auto onscreen keyboard not appearing.
    02-05-2014 12:57 AM
    Mine is separating between the right side of the spacebar and the ctrl key. :( Not sure what to do about it. I don't want to be without the keyboard but don't want it to get worse and die an early death.

The only other thing is that when using it in tablet mode as shown on the video of it being demoed (touch pad bar folded up and tablet laying on keyboard) I can't get the onscreen keyboard to come up in the modern UI apps. It seems they forgot about that mode. .... Well, after typing all of that I tried the charm bar and found that Settings | keyboard gives the option to choose the onscreen keyboard. At least there is a workaround for the auto onscreen keyboard not appearing.
    I was gonna say you have to go into the charm bar for the setting. I don't think that's it's a real tablet mode like they present it. I think it's just a way to use the tablet w/o taking the cover off. There should have been at least a shortcut key to toggle between each mode at the very least. But I notice that too.
    02-05-2014 08:46 AM
205 ... 45678 ...