03-10-2014 10:05 PM
205 ... 56789
tools
    Mine is separating between the right side of the spacebar and the ctrl key. :( Not sure what to do about it. I don't want to be without the keyboard but don't want it to get worse and die an early death.
    I just used super glue on mine. It's a little messy but it seems to have worked.
    02-05-2014 12:09 PM
    So, I just called to check on my order -- I ordered mine on Nov. 21 (pre-order) from Microsoft store, and they are denying my claim because the promotion started with orders on Nov 22! Anyone else have experience with this? Advice on how to proceed?
    02-05-2014 12:26 PM
    Received mine today (Houston) and I'm using it now. I'm very impressed. For those asking all the questions, I have an AT&T version purchased on the last day of the promotion 2-Dec, and I submitted my paperwork a few days after.

I'm curious if anyone has found any settings for the keyboard, as I'd like to disable the mouse gestures for app switching (I'm constantly accidentally using it because the touchpad is so small) and would also like to reverse the two-finger scrolling direction, but I'll start a new thread for that.
    Not really, you can disable side gesture in the PC setting but it disables for the touch screen too, there's not an option to choose one of the other, which would be cool if you could.
    02-05-2014 12:50 PM
    So, I just called to check on my order -- I ordered mine on Nov. 21 (pre-order) from Microsoft store, and they are denying my claim because the promotion started with orders on Nov 22! Anyone else have experience with this? Advice on how to proceed?
    My only suggestion is speak to a Tier 2 CS rep if you could and see if they could honor it as you bought it as a preorder. Worth a shot. Good luck and hope you can get one.
    02-05-2014 12:52 PM
    I am envious of you all. I missed the offer. Nokia USA has said they have no idea when they will be available for sale. John Lewis has them in the UK for sale but will not ship outside UK. But if you know someone in the UK you can send it to them and get them to forward it. 99 GBP for the keyboard gets you free shipping to UK. With shipping to US it works out to around $200. Much cheaper than the eBay and other sellers wanting $340.
    02-05-2014 09:08 PM
    I am envious of you all. I missed the offer. Nokia USA has said they have no idea when they will be available for sale. John Lewis has them in the UK for sale but will not ship outside UK. But if you know someone in the UK you can send it to them and get them to forward it. 99 GBP for the keyboard gets you free shipping to UK. With shipping to US it works out to around $200. Much cheaper than the eBay and other sellers wanting $340.
    SocalPhil....you can get them to ship internationally. When u go to their website, under the checkout it will say that this item can't be shipped internationally. Under that it will say that they may be able to still help. When you go their you'll give them your email and they'll let you know if it can be shipped. I did that and they expanded in about a day. They said it can ship and they total up the cost for me. It will end up being around $200. Not bad. Still mull it before I pull the trigger.
    socalphil likes this.
    02-05-2014 10:43 PM
    Ok.. this is weird... I had it full charged, had it plugged into the keyboard when it was charging, had it turned off for a day (still plugged into the keyboard), go to it this morning and the battery is at 0.

Nothing was running on it...
    02-06-2014 10:47 AM
    So does anyone that has this keyboard have a Verizon version 2520 and can confirm it's working? I have a Verizon version 2520 and just bought a BNIB Nokia Keyboard off eBay for $175. Now I'm worried of getting it next week and it not working. How did this all come about that the Verizon's version needs a update? Thanks
    02-06-2014 10:48 AM
    So does anyone that has this keyboard have a Verizon version 2520 and can confirm it's working? I have a Verizon version 2520 and just bought a BNIB Nokia Keyboard off eBay for $175. Now I'm worried of getting it next week and it not working. How did this all come about that the Verizon's version needs a update? Thanks
    How did u get it off eBay or when? I've been looking for one.
    02-06-2014 10:55 AM
    Just popped up and I bought it, there is one up right now, no reserve and bid at 99 cents.
    02-06-2014 11:29 AM
    Just popped up and I bought it, there is one up right now, no reserve and bid at 99 cents.
    ya...i see it.
    02-06-2014 11:59 AM
    My problem is am I screwed when I get it since I have a Verizon version? I mean has anyone confirmed the Verizon one doesn't work with it?
    02-06-2014 12:12 PM
    Unless a person really needs one right away, paying close to retail or over does not make sense to me. I am sure once they become readily available, they will have sales and deals on them. I have gotten very good prices on pretty much all of my Nokia accessories. I think I read they already dropped the price in England on the powered keyboard.
    02-06-2014 01:51 PM
    Unless a person really needs one right away, paying close to retail or over does not make sense to me. I am sure once they become readily available, they will have sales and deals on them. I have gotten very good prices on pretty much all of my Nokia accessories. I think I read they already dropped the price in England on the powered keyboard.
    Yeah they did. Im usually patient with this kinda stuff buy I literally need it now. Something will pop up in eBay. I also have a cousin in UK. Checking into that option.
    02-06-2014 02:43 PM
    Plus..who knows when its coming out. I called Nokia and they have no idea. This sucks man.
    02-06-2014 02:44 PM
    Well I really want mine now, and while I did pay $175 the time you end up buying one at full retail with tax your at $160. So yeah I lost 15 bucks but it's usually that way with anything that a person buys on a product release especially like this keyboard case.
    02-06-2014 03:03 PM
    My problem is am I screwed when I get it since I have a Verizon version? I mean has anyone confirmed the Verizon one doesn't work with it?
    it won't work until the firmware update is released. According to Nokia, approx 2 wks. Just look for update using ms update on the tablet.
    INCREMENTAL likes this.
    02-06-2014 04:46 PM
    it won't work until the firmware update is released. According to Nokia, approx 2 wks. Just look for update using ms update on the tablet.
    Ok thanks for the input.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-06-2014 05:43 PM
    Now I'm worried of getting it next week and it not working. How did this all come about that the Verizon's version needs a update? Thanks
    It isn't that just the Verizon version needed an update it is that Verizon is requiring the update to be OTA and AT&T didn't. I got my update via Windows Update.
    02-06-2014 10:52 PM
    It isn't that just the Verizon version needed an update it is that Verizon is requiring the update to be OTA and AT&T didn't. I got my update via Windows Update.
    I have a hard time believing that. Idk who's came up with that but I say their full of it. A lot of phones and settings ask you to be on WiFi when updating, especially Verizon phones always asking u to be on WiFi by a annoying WiFi notification so that's BS. Also you got people out there with limited data, there's no way I believe that.

I also found this and posted it in another thread. Look at the picture.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails 1391791945076.jpg  
    02-07-2014 11:52 AM
    I have a hard time believing that. Idk who's came up with that but I say their full of it. ....
    I saw that in the other thread after I posted. What I am going on was a dialogue someone who has a Verizon version of the tablet had with Nokia where it stated what I said. It also fits with those of us with an AT&T model received in the email compared to what those with a Verizon variant received. Maybe the keyboard works fine any way but maybe there is a showstopper of a bug they are working on, too. Who knows.

The only thing we really know is that it is a shame that Verizon users have to wait longer for this awesome keyboard.
    INCREMENTAL likes this.
    02-07-2014 03:25 PM
    I just used super glue on mine. It's a little messy but it seems to have worked.
    Well, my wife fixed the issue on my keyboard. I had the keyboard beside me on the church pew and when she came and sat down she sat on the edge of it. I heard a little snap and wondered if she had broken it. It turns out that she sat just right on it and with the padding on the pew the keyboard is in perfect condition. No more separation between the keyboard and battery. :)
    GrayW0lf, rickc1961 and aitt like this.
    02-08-2014 05:38 PM
    Well, my wife fixed the issue on my keyboard. I had the keyboard beside me on the church pew and when she came and sat down she sat on the edge of it. I heard a little snap and wondered if she had broken it. It turns out that she sat just right on it and with the padding on the pew the keyboard is in perfect condition. No more separation between the keyboard and battery. :)
    Thank God
    GizmoEV and Griffinx like this.
    02-08-2014 08:20 PM
    Folks. Just wanted to tell everyone that Microsoft Online store has the "Nokia 2520 Power keyboard for AT&T" available for purchase for $149.99. I also found that they have the tablet itself on sale for $399 with "No Contract". ($100 discount). Both ATT and Verizon versions versions are available for this price. I couldn't believe it first, but I double checked, triple check and then placed the order thinking it may not last long. Ordered both tablet and keyboard for $549 plus tax.
    daelumia likes this.
    02-12-2014 10:28 PM
    They also have one day delivery option, so I am guessing they have them in stock. I will keep my fingers crossed.
    02-12-2014 10:30 PM
205 ... 56789