Keyboards are in process of shipping

JimmyRandall

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
John Lewis is doing it for ?99 instead of ?150 but out of stock, will be having a word with them when i go and pick mine up, like hell am i paying ?50 more than what they are selling them for now and i haven't even had it yet.

Digitalmediaphile

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
The supervisor at the 877.906.6542 number states they are receiving about 200 a day from Nokia. They only shipped out 20 last Friday. They do not have tracking info for the orders shipped this week, they hope to have the info early next week. He said he would not know how many were shipped this week until he got that tracking list. They are bring shipped Priority Mail Signature Required. A week ago the woman that answered the phone told me "you were one of the first... you should receive by end of next week". Today I called and received a 'we have no info, we don't know if they are shipping in the order received'. I asked for a supervisor and got a call back. He said I was #1283 on the list and my keyboard should ship by mid February and had not yet shipped.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Verizon keyboards are NOT being shipped as they won't work with 2520 tablets without over the air firmware update. Just got this information. Writing up at Nokia Lumia 2520 Verizon Free Promo Keyboard Orders on Hold | Barbs Connected World as I receive it.

Yep I'm convinced I made a bad choice buying the 2520 and passing on the Surface 2. This has been such a bundled mess of a release from Nokia that's its to point of not caring anymore. I knew I shouldn't had bought a carrier branded Tablet (AT&T).

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep I'm convinced I made a bad choice buying the 2520 and passing on the Surface 2. This has been such a bundled mess of a release from Nokia that's its to point of not caring anymore. I knew I shouldn't had bought a carrier branded Tablet (AT&T).

Why should a problem with Verizon tablets affect your (or my, for that matter) AT&T one?

Otherwise, yes, this is turning into a complete cluster**** and I am rightly frustrated. I can't pull out now, though, I've spent too much and can't very well spend it all again on a Surface. I'll just keep waiting.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I work every week day during the full post office hours, and most saturdays I'm gone as well. Oh well, leave my postal worker a $5 and have him put it in my door.
I'm constantly stuck at school/work most of the day-- would it be possible for one of my parents to sign for it if they're home when it shows up?

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's good at least. Course, if everyone's at work I'm probably gonna have to pay a visit to the post office the next day. Whenever the damn thing finally decides to show up, that is.

I'm beginning to lose hope of having this thing in time to work on any midterm assignments of mine with it.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Why should a problem with Verizon tablets affect your (or my, for that matter) AT&T one?

Otherwise, yes, this is turning into a complete cluster**** and I am rightly frustrated. I can't pull out now, though, I've spent too much and can't very well spend it all again on a Surface. I'll just keep waiting.

Its not about VZW, but 1. The release of this tablet and 2. The fact that even with window tablets, carriers have control over updates. I mean really? A freaking update from VZW for a window tablet for keyboard firmware is complete asinine. It makes me fear that the ATT version is on the same boat if they don't want to update firmware. I was very hesitant to buy it when I could have had the Surface freedom. Why I don't care for LTE Tablets and giving control to carriers for a product I bought. Sadly I went against my better judgment cause I love this tablet.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Its not about VZW, but 1. The release of this tablet and 2. The fact that even with window tablets, carriers have control over updates. I mean really? A freaking update from VZW for a window tablet for keyboard firmware is complete asinine. It makes me fear that the ATT version is on the same boat if they don't want to update firmware. I was very hesitant to buy it when I could have had the Surface freedom. Why I don't care for LTE Tablets and giving control to carriers for a product I bought. Sadly I went against my better judgment cause I love this tablet.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet, at least in regards to whether the AT&T version would have the same firmware problem. I mean, the person who posted the report about the Verizon ones obviously had no problem learning about the issue, so if it was affecting the other version too, someone probably would have said something.

I can't speak for the other stuff-- to each their own, of course.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So I just got an email stating my Keyboard is on its way from Matt rothschild and also a $20 voucher. Hopefully they really did ship.

gissyt

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from Matt telling me mine will be shipped out by the end of February! It included a $20 voucher, Guess I was on the back of the list

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The great keyboard hoax of 2014! Care to post Matt Rothschild's email address? (...watch, it will be sitting in my foyer when I get home...please, please, please)!

Ojai Weber

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I too just got an email from Matt. My email said the KB is on the way currently and also I've received a $20 voucher for "apps, games, music, and more". Super stoked on this, especially considering Best Buy's $499 price tag for the Surface Pro had me doubting my choice a bit.

Just for reference I bought the day before T-Day and sent in the stuff I think...Dec 1?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)