Nokia keyboard review

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to get used to it really (and I've had this thing for about 6 weeks now). Whenever I wake it up I end up switching the screens between other open apps. Its small and a bit awkward. I'm still giving it a chance though.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Will someone let me know how the trackpad is? Thanks.

I hate that I will accidentally swipe between open applications or get the charms bar. In my opinion this should not be a function of the trackpad, only a function of swiping on the touch screen. At the very least make it an option. I have a very hard time seeing and feeling where the edges of the track pad and a worse time discerning between the left and right buttons. The boarder line needed to be 2-3 times as wide as it is to make it easier to see. It is also easy to activate it and end up with the typing cursor in a completely different location and then you are having to figure out how to fix what you just typed. :( Other than that it works fine.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
While it's not an easy setting, you can always just temporarily disable the trackpad in the Device Manager...same as all other versions of Windows (in cases where there's not a specific trackpad control panel applet).

I do wish that the keyboard had the ability to flip around like the Surface keyboards as it does make it a little less convenient for travel when I might want to swap uses repeatedly...but it's a liveable price to pay for a nice device that works well in all other areas. :)

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Will someone let me know how the trackpad is? Thanks.

Finally got my keyboard today.

There are a few things I don't like, including the right shift key, trackpad doesn't always differentiate between a touch and a swipe, battery capacity, trackpad buttons, full-size usb ports are only 2.0.

Everything else I like.

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got this used on ebay and it seems the keyboard drains rather quickly in the short time that I've had it. I won't worry about it yet but I do have 2 questions if anyone can answer them.

1. Is there a way to reverse the scrolling motion in the browser. I looked in the mouse preferences and didn't see anything other than scroll amount.
2. Is there a way to drain the tablet first and then the keyboard after the tablet has depleted. I know this one kind of doesn't make sense but since my keyboard discharges so fast I want to keep it's cycle count down. I wish there was a setting to take the tablet battery down to like 15% then switch to the keyboard battery.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got this used on ebay and it seems the keyboard drains rather quickly in the short time that I've had it. I won't worry about it yet but I do have 2 questions if anyone can answer them.

1. Is there a way to reverse the scrolling motion in the browser. I looked in the mouse preferences and didn't see anything other than scroll amount.
2. Is there a way to drain the tablet first and then the keyboard after the tablet has depleted. I know this one kind of doesn't make sense but since my keyboard discharges so fast I want to keep it's cycle count down. I wish there was a setting to take the tablet battery down to like 15% then switch to the keyboard battery.

Hmm mine lasts for several hours before hitting the main battery. I would file a claim if possible on eBay.

As for scrolling I haven't found a way to reverse it, but I'm quickly getting used to it luckily.

If I do spot something I'll update here for everyone. :)

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Also, I know we have the keyboard but sometimes when it is too dark in the room I'd like to occasionally pop up the onscreen keyboard. What is the fastest way to do this?

Thanks guys, I'm an RT noob.

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh, another question haha. Do you guys think it is bad that the keyboard battery sits at 0% for several days and possibly weeks?
I normally run my tablets down to nearly empty, but being that the battery on the 2520 seems to be pretty good I'm afraid of shortening the life of the keyboard battery as it is the first to discharge and the last to get charged. Do you guys charge every night and top both items off?

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

For number 1, you'll need to edit a setting in the registry.

Have a look here: [REF] *Surface Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks* - Last updated January 24th. - xda-developers (under number 50).

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Also, I know we have the keyboard but sometimes when it is too dark in the room I'd like to occasionally pop up the onscreen keyboard. What is the fastest way to do this?

Thanks guys, I'm an RT noob.

Swipe in from the right to get the charms bar, select settings, keyboard. Just select the keyboard you want after that.

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I hate that I will accidentally swipe between open applications or get the charms bar. In my opinion this should not be a function of the trackpad, only a function of swiping on the touch screen. At the very least make it an option. I have a very hard time seeing and feeling where the edges of the track pad and a worse time discerning between the left and right buttons. The boarder line needed to be 2-3 times as wide as it is to make it easier to see. It is also easy to activate it and end up with the typing cursor in a completely different location and then you are having to figure out how to fix what you just typed. :( Other than that it works fine.

Agreed about the trackpad/button definition.

My biggest complaints are that you can't charge the keyboard separately and the keys aren't backlit.

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I wish the lock screen where you put your password when you wake your 2520 up was white instead of black haha. I can never see my keys on the unlock screen because it is too dark. Once I get in the no backlight on the keyboard doesn't really bother me because I'm normally looking at something with enough light that I can at least navigate my keys.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish the lock screen where you put your password when you wake your 2520 up was white instead of black haha. I can never see my keys on the unlock screen because it is too dark. Once I get in the no backlight on the keyboard doesn't really bother me because I'm normally looking at something with enough light that I can at least navigate my keys.

Change your start screen background color to something brighter and the lock screen will change to match.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb