Red Nokia Lumia 2520 Powerkeyboards Now Available!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
A while back I bought two 2520's a black (for me) and red (for my wife). While I recently got the black power keyboard (typing on it right now and it's awesome), my wife was dying for a red one to match her Nokia. I've found them no where and according to most on this blog it looked like we weren't going to see it. However, I found them available on MobileFun.com:

Nokia Power Keyboard Case for Lumia 2520 - Red :: MobileFun.com

Not familiar with this site but I went ahead and purchased via PayPal. If you're looking for a red power keyboard I've found it for you :).

serton

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
While they may be reputable, it doesn't stop them from being overpriced. They are selling the keyboards at 50 pounds more expensive than their competitors.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
due in 1-2 weeks. ughghghhg. This is getting ridiculous!

I emailed them and they responded very quickly. Here it is:

Dear .....
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the item outstanding on your order has proven a lot more difficult to source than initially anticipated. The updated ETA date that we have is the next 1 - 2 weeks.
If there is an alternative item that you would like instead then please let us know so we can amend your order accordingly.

Your order is currently in a high priority queue and will be dispatched as soon as stock is allocated.
Please accept our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards.
Charlotte Cripps

Customer Relations
Customer Relations
Tel - 0844 249 5060
Fax - 0844 249 5062
Email - customer.services@mobilefun.co.uk

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I keep checking everyday, any idea if this is a us or uk keyboard? I didn't realize there was different wants (ignorance on my part)

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The vender, mobilefun I believe, just called me and wanted to confirm my order. Said it would be processed immediately. Hope the keyboard is the US keyboard.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The vender, mobilefun I believe, just called me and wanted to confirm my order. Said it would be processed immediately. Hope the keyboard is the US keyboard.

They did the same thing to me the day after I made the purchase (before I sent an email and received back the one I posted). Although in frustrated about the delay, I still must say they have good customer service. My wife is dying for her red power keyboard. Im loving my black one.

Anybody else got their hands on a red or is this the only vender?

GenghisKhent

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered. Didn't even get an order #. After a couple of inquiries went unanswered, I threatened to take the issue to PayPal. Then I started getting answers. Latest is: "The following item 42023, Nokia Power Keyboard Case for Lumia 2520 - Red - is delayed with our suppliers and we have been provided with an updated time of arrival to our warehouse of 03/10/2014."

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered. Didn't even get an order #. After a couple of inquiries went unanswered, I threatened to take the issue to PayPal. Then I started getting answers. Latest is: "The following item 42023, Nokia Power Keyboard Case for Lumia 2520 - Red - is delayed with our suppliers and we have been provided with an updated time of arrival to our warehouse of 03/10/2014."

I canceled my order last week. Already got a refund.

GenghisKhent

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
No shipment. I requested a refund. They gave one the same day. So MobileFun is a reputable company. Not their fault their supply fell through, and they promptly honored my refund request.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered the red power notebook again once they said they had it in stock. They shipped in from UK DHL and will be here tomorrow. So stoked for my wife who has PATIENTLY been waiting for the red one to match her red Lumina. I tried to get her to trade sell it and get a Surface 2 but now deal. I'll post pic tomorrow. Anybody else get one?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It finally came in. I'm jealous of my wife :) it's just like the other power notebook... just read. The shipping and handling were really fast. They used DHL to ship internationally and it was very reasonable. Nokia doesn't even have this in stock smh.

Attachments

• WP_20140417_12_59_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140417_12_59_55_Pro.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 5

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not a fan... especially since it's an awkwardly different shade of red than the tablet itself. I'm glad the free one they sent to me was black.

weaksauce27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What is the red material made out of? Is it easy to clean?

It finally came in. I'm jealous of my wife :) it's just like the other power notebook... just read. The shipping and handling were really fast. They used DHL to ship internationally and it was very reasonable. Nokia doesn't even have this in stock smh.

livemusicfan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My 2520 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but the keyboard was dropped off today. It is much heavier and thicker than I expected. I read the reviews but am still a little surprised. I realize you could not make an Apple Smart Cover style case with a keyboard and a battery so we shall see how I feel once the tablet is in. I did play with it a bit and like the keys, I think it will be much easier than the Surface cover I have.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My 2520 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but the keyboard was dropped off today. It is much heavier and thicker than I expected. I read the reviews but am still a little surprised. I realize you could not make an Apple Smart Cover style case with a keyboard and a battery so we shall see how I feel once the tablet is in. I did play with it a bit and like the keys, I think it will be much easier than the Surface cover I have.

I'm typing on it right now. I say the typing takes a little while to get used to but once you get it you'll be ok. I've owned both an Apple smart cover for iPad and type cover for Surface, I can honestly say that I like this much better. Sure it's a bit thicker but after awhile you don't notice it. Plus the battery life is really great. Trust me you won't be disappointed. It really allows the Lumina 2520 to turn itself into a lap top. The Lumia itself is so light and as I like to say "buttery". I like it way better then Surface though the latter also has great quality build. This device though feels better in the hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99