2520 update this morning?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After almost a week of use with the firmware update, I am convinced the touch experience is much improved on my 2520, especially in IE. Everything seems to be more responsive, and I have not had any touch issues on any of the websites I have gone to so far since the update.

CobaltDragon

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree, robertre. I had the Verizon version until three days ago when I traded in for the ATT (partly to unlock and be able to use a TMO SIM, partly b/c it seems Verizon isn't going to allow these updates)...and the touch is better than it was on the Verizon one.

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree, robertre. I had the Verizon version until three days ago when I traded in for the ATT (partly to unlock and be able to use a TMO SIM, partly b/c it seems Verizon isn't going to allow these updates)...and the touch is better than it was on the Verizon one.

Do you mean to say Verizon is not going to provide the firmware updates that were done on ATT? If so, source pls..

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So far ATT has released 2 updates this year. I have to believe Verizon will also at some point, but who knows when. Heck I always had to wait to get my 920 updates after lots of others had them before me, so ATT can sometimes be before or sometimes after others.

Mark Traudt

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Firmware update for Verizon version was released today

I saw this update, chose to install, and it seemed to succeed. But the BIOS version still says 10/12/2013. Also, I do not see the update in my Update History (actually, I don't see any updates since 2/18/2013). Am I missing something?

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my update Tuesday. I posted over in the "Waiting fro Keyboard" thread. This must be the rumored required update nessesary befroe Verizon 2520 Keyboard release...

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw this update, chose to install, and it seemed to succeed. But the BIOS version still says 10/12/2013. Also, I do not see the update in my Update History (actually, I don't see any updates since 2/18/2013). Am I missing something?

It appears to be normal that it does not show the new updates, as many of us see that. Somebody posted a way to manually look at the updates in a different way, and it does show them there. It was in one of the firmware update topics, I believe.

acedl

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
You can by typing msinfo32 then look for bios version

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I got the firmware update on Verizon yesterday. It was a minor update 1.5mb in size. Not sure what was in it..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It appears to be normal that it does not show the new updates, as many of us see that. Somebody posted a way to manually look at the updates in a different way, and it does show them there. It was in one of the firmware update topics, I believe.

Check the update history from Desktop --> Control Panel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa