Tethering an AT&T 2520: can't connect to tablet hotspot

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what is wrong but I can no longer connect to my 2520 when it is in tether mode (hotspot on). I don't know if the latest firmware messed it up or what. It used to sometimes work prior to this weeks update but has never been reliable. My wife's Surface RT can see the SSID but it can't connect to it. I don't even get to the point of being able to enter the password any more. It just says "unable to share network" or something similar to that. When checking it with my L920 it doesn't even register as existing. I have no problem tethering with my L920 to the Surface RT or tethering to it from my 2520.

I don't have any problem with the 2520 connecting to WiFi except if I have a large file to transfer. A 4GB file only transfers about 63% and then I have to reboot the tablet to get WiFi working again.

EDIT: Oh, and I have tried enabling the hotspot through both the myATT app and the settings. It makes no difference.
Any one have the same issues and/or have a solution?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you contacted AT&T customer service?

Not yet as this appears to be more an issue with the tablet WiFi than with AT&T's service. I thought I'd see if this is an isolated issue or not. I'll see what others may have to say and call AT&T or Nokia during the week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6