2520 Questions

wpdev

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Verizon branded 2520 last week. I really like it but there's a few things I can't figure out:

1. I downloaded an app called "Podcasts!" from the store. It works, but every time the backlight goes off the audio stops. Is this a limitation of the app, or Windows 8? Is there a settings I can adjust to allow the audio to continue in the background?

2. I'm having some problems with the sensitivity of the touch screen. For example, if you open the charms and click on the "Screen" control there is an option to control the rotation. I have a really hard time keep this control open so I can lock the rotation. Same thing happens when I'm in an app and try to press the <- arrow to take me back. A lot of times I have to double tap the arrow to get it to work and I don't think that's right. Any settings to adjust this?

3. The built in email app in Windows 8 does not seem to underline/activate text links that start with http. I can't think of any email client that doesn't do this. Is this a bug or is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATT version, and with the latest Windows update, all of my touch issues seem to have been fixed. I do not know if the Verizon versions have gotten the updates yet.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
#1. See if there are any settings in the app to change this behavior.

#2. Update your tablet. As robertre said, our AT&T models receive a firmware update that largely fixed the touch screen issues. You should be able to tap the screen icon and have it stay open so you can toggle the orientation lock and change brightness settings.

#3. I don't like that about the built in email app. I've finally just gone with the web for my outlook.com account, MetroMail for my Gmail accounts, and again the web for my yahoo accounts because I don't like the yahoo email app either. You could try Outlook on the desktop.

wpdev

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find any settings to make the podcast app stay on in the background.

I did get some updates from Microsoft but I'm not sure if they updated the firmware.

Outlook doesn't seem like it's designed with touch in mind.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
1. I downloaded an app called "Podcasts!" from the store. It works, but every time the backlight goes off the audio stops. Is this a limitation of the app, or Windows 8? Is there a settings I can adjust to allow the audio to continue in the background?

I didn't change any settings on mine and it keeps playing when my screen turns off. I believe I have the paid version if that makes any difference.

JACK 1

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I frequently have apps that keep playing in the background even though i close the app, the only solution i have found is to close the app in task manager

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre