2520 with power keyboard waking up in my bag . . .

reicher

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello;
First post here.

Has anyone else had the issue where you put the tablet to sleep with the power keyboard and put it in your bag and later find it woke up and now is hotter than Hades in your bag?
It has happened to me a couple times now, and I am getting worried about the heat buildup.
I guess the work around is easy, power it off when I put it in the bag, but it sure would be nice if the power keyboard, when closed prevented it from coming back on.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Last edited:

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Nothing like that here yet, bags, cars, carrying by hand. Reacts just as it should.

I turn off the screen before closing and keep the flap secured, other than that, nothing special.

dawizel56

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it has happened to me a few times to. Not overly happy about it either. For me, between the unable to wake problem, the need to tap and icon/link/app multiple time to open, and this overheating with the keyboard, it has dropped my overall enjoyment of my 2520. I want it to "just work".

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My first 2520 would go into an endless shutdown and reboot cycle. If it went to sleep on its own it would then reboot and power back up and repeat the cycle. This was without a keyboard. I exchanged the tablet the next day and the replacement has been just fine, even with the keyboard. I usually just fold up the keyboard case and put it in my bag. It just works. I'm thinking that maybe your tablet or keyboard or both are messed up. What happens when you remove the tablet from the keyboard? If it does the same thing then maybe your tablet needs serviced/replaced.

reicher

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
It never did it without the power keyboard.
I've just gotten used to powering off when I put it in my bag now.
Slows things down sometimes, but at least it wont start on fire or anything.

btwphx

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm reviving this because I'm having the same issue. It is ONLY with the keyboard, as I've tested it with and without. I've turned off all live tiles, even turned on airplane mode, and the tablet will wake from sleep in 15 seconds (I've timed it multiple times). It'll go into sleep mode at the set time (I have it set for 2 minutes, but have tested it with other times as well), and 15 seconds after going to sleep, it wakes back up. I have no lockscreen apps set to display, email not allowed to run in the background, live tiles turned off individually.
Has anyone found the source of this, or a fix?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett