What is your battery idle drain?

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So just went through my first 24 hours with the 2520. I did notice something about it though, my battery drained 10% in 24 hours. Is that normal for this tablet? I know tablets all drain differently during idle, my iPad has almost no idle drain but when I had an xperia tablet that thing drained quite a bit during idle.

What do you guys do when you aren't going to use it for a day or so? What is the most efficient? Shut it off, put it to sleep, simply press the power button? Does being connected to the power keyboard cause extra drain?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is my phone's idle drain so i'm not sure if it helps.. 5.2% per hour with the phone only charged up to 60%.. I have 925

All new devices have this problem so give it a week.. I had huge battery drains my first week, then i installed a battery app, turned off some background services and after a week i saw a drastic improvement :) also i turned off "location", but turned that back on later since so many apps need it

Hope this was helpfull :)

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried to prove it yet, but I always feel like my 2520 idle-battery drains faster when I have apps running in the Desktop, i.e. Full Internet Explorer, Outlook, Excel, etc.

I also have an iPad, and truthfully they handle idle battery drain better than nearly any other product. There are times I don't use it for over a week, unlock it and find it still at 90% or some ridiculously high percentage. IOS has a really good form of "sleep" mode.

Again, I haven't tested... just sharing my thoughts.

methodz

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that is how I read that also. Something must be up with that unit.

Anyways, my 2520 seems to have normalized. I'm getting about 3% drain now which is more acceptable. But yeah I think the iPad must be like .03% drain or something, at least with no apps running. I have the original mini that I didn't realize I left on and I didn't touch it for like 3 weeks! When I went to turn it on I went from like 52 to 48 in 3 WEEKS!!! I know because when I know I won't be using a device I usually bring the battery close to halfway before I store it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3