Wndows 8.1 Update

markfirst

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got the update on my 2520 in UK. looks like the touch issue is fixed in internet explorer
Edit: and I lost another 1GB after the update

sbasil

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Got the update on my 2520 in UK. looks like the touch issue is fixed in internet explorer
Edit: and I lost another 1GB after the update

You could delete the update installation files from c:\windows\software distribution\download folder. It freed 1,5GB space for me.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I believe you have the update. One thing I realized is that the Start Screen Power Button is not appearing on the 2520 (not sure why). But the ability to PIN store apps to Desktop Task Bar is there so that suggests the update took place, and I have the same version as you.

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe you have the update. One thing I realized is that the Start Screen Power Button is not appearing on the 2520 (not sure why). But the ability to PIN store apps to Desktop Task Bar is there so that suggests the update took place, and I have the same version as you.

My understanding is that it won't appear on tablets, only on computers designated as computers in the settings configured by the OEM. This is to prevent accidental shutdown.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that it won't appear on tablets, only on computers designated as computers in the settings configured by the OEM. This is to prevent accidental shutdown.

Got the update for 2520 yesterday in the USA. I see the changes, not overly dramatic to me, but i did notice as soon as I come out of sleep using my pin - it defaults to me desktop first

sbasil

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Any idea if this finally fixes the sleep of death bug? I still had it prior, but power save on USB root hub is disabled and no symptoms.. haven't tried yet to enable power save yet....

I'm not sure if it's too early to tell, but my 2520 has been "sleep of death free" since I installed the update 1 (root hub power saving =ON). So far so good. :)

edit: aaaaaand it happened again. I guess the update 1 didn't solve this problem after all....unless this was a single incident.

Last edited:

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's too early to tell, but my 2520 has been "sleep of death free" since I installed the update 1 (root hub power saving =ON). So far so good. :)

edit: aaaaaand it happened again. I guess the update 1 didn't solve this problem after all....unless this was a single incident.

I guess I'm lucky in that I've not had that issue. Yet...

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Got the update for 2520 yesterday in the USA. I see the changes, not overly dramatic to me, but i did notice as soon as I come out of sleep using my pin - it defaults to me desktop first

You can change that. Right click on the taskbar, then in the window, click on ''navigation''. You'll see an option under ''Start Screen''. If the first box is ticked, untick it.

markfirst

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I lost around 1Gb too; glad I have a 64Gb SD card. Hoping MSFT start reducing the size of RT.

I've got a 64gb card as well, but I can't install apps on it

I don't have the search or power button on my start screen on my Lumia 2520, wonder if not having them is an RT thing.

Power buttons is only for larger displays. But you should have the search button next to your account picture

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)