2520 won't turn on!

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The Start button vibrates when pushed, The power button does nothing,. It has a full charge. Same thing happened too my refurbished 925 last night.. Now this, no response on the 2520 whatsoever.. They both just died. The 2520 is completely stock as opposed too the 925 running 8.1.. suggestions? Thanks.:unhappy:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Did you hold down power and volume down button for about 15-20 seconds to reset it? You can go to device manager and change the power settings of the two usb ports listed to not go into power save mode and that should fix your problem on the 2520

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Did you hold down power and volume down button for about 15-20 seconds to reset it? You can go to device manager and change the power settings of the two usb ports listed to not go into power save mode and that should fix your problem on the 2520
Thank You, Very much! This did the trick. I will now find the device manager and make the changes you recommended.. Thanks again... :smile:

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
There's a fix for this problem.
It's apparently a driver issue.
Go into Control Panel on desktop, then Device Manager
at the bottom you'll see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and expand that
for each device or HUB listed, click the property and any "Power Management" tab un-tick "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

The hit on overall battery is minimal and the black screen or frozen device problem goes away.
Enjoy your tablet!

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine is acting up now.
The tablet is not charging and the charger does appear to worth as the Green light comes on.
When I got the power button, the screen comes on but all it displays is the Red battery icon then shuts itself off again.

Can't get the soft reset to work either.
Any suggestions?

Jonathan57

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Try holding down both the power button and the Windows start button for a few seconds. Then check the start button. Once it no longer vibrates press the power button and it should boot up. This works for me.

Guwu

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Hie
How can l go to the control panel if its not displaying at all, mine is only showing the green light. If l press the power+volume up it turns off, if l press the power+volume down it blinks and turns on again. Please help..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05