How has the Lumia 2520 held up since purchasing it?

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I currently had a Surface RT. I was thinking of getting rid of it and purchasing a Lumia 2520. the biggest problem I currently have with my surface RT is the lag, it truly bothers me.
if I turn it on and use it for a bit and then leave it on standby for most of day, then return and take it off sleep mode. it then takes FOREVER to load anything and then I MUST restart it so it can more accurately. so I was asking anyone who has had a lumia 2520 for a few months now, do they share the same lag experience as me?

J Latomaki

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my Lumia 2520 at Christmas and used it over 4 months now. It has never lagged so far. The lock screen shows immediately when pressing power on button. It goes to sleep with power button or automatically after 15 minutes when not used. If I want to save battery, I shut it down completely from settings and it takes 10 seconds to power off. It takes 30 seconds to show the lock screen after pressing power on button and initializing the operating system.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I purchased mine on the day they came out, it has been pretty great since. I have actually never noticed any lag except from a couple of apps, but those are more so the fault of those apps not being updated and taken care of for the tablet. The only downside is that the speakers on it, just doesn't seem as loud as it did the first few months (not sure if I have gotten used to it or it really has degraded.) and here recently a strange static noise has been coming from the speakers during high pitch parts of shows in watching. It's still a great tablet and I use it everyday along side the 1520 and even the MacBook when I need to get some real work done. But its a great tablet with awesome battery life, especially with the power keyboard attached.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Still working great after around 2 months, no lag. It has replaced my laptop when I travel and gets heavy use in Office and IE in addition to movies and ebooks on the plane.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
My unit has been great with the Power Keyboard addition. I use it everyday and bring it to work and the battery life has been phenomenal with the combination of both. It is also a rugged device, and has withstood everything. Since I take it with me everywhere, the keyboard cover has been of great help and it has held up very well.

The only thing I must say is that when I first got the unit and used it without any protection, the soft touch started to wear off on the corners (my unit is black). Underneath it revealed a more shinier finish but not glossy. Eventually I thought maybe I should try to remove everything off of it, but I left it and since it's black it doesn't really bother me since I don't see it.

Software wise, I have never had a problem with the device from day 1 and I had bought it on November 27. Fantastic unit and I don't see myself getting rid of it for a very very long time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12