Power Keyboard disconnecting

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering, if anyone else with the power keyboard for the 2520 are having any troubles with it constantly disconnecting and making the chime noise with even the slightest of movements of the tablet. I'm having mine exchanged through Nokia since I received it from their free keyboard offer. It seems any time I reposition the tablet or try to move it too suddenly it does the whole disconnecting and reconnecting chime it does to the point that its maddening to try to lay down with it to watch a movie or etc.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I too have experienced this, although it's very intermittently. Sometimes it will happen repeatedly, sometimes I don't notice it for a few days (I use it every night).

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
It seems to come and go most days too. If I take it fully out and reattach it, then it will be just fine for awhile. Just not sure if the pins on the keyboard just aren't connecting correctly or if it was just my tablets connection. Just seems when it is happening, even the slightest of taps or movement sets it off.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems to come and go most days too. If I take it fully out and reattach it, then it will be just fine for awhile. Just not sure if the pins on the keyboard just aren't connecting correctly or if it was just my tablets connection. Just seems when it is happening, even the slightest of taps or movement sets it off.
Same here. Just last night it was happening all the time with the slightest movement. I do the same as you and fully detach it then reattach and that seems to work for a little bit but the problem reappears. Sort of frustrating. I've also had issues with the mouse not working recently until I reattach or restart. Have you been having that problem? It seems recent.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Just last night it was happening all the time with the slightest movement. I do the same as you and fully detach it then reattach and that seems to work for a little bit but the problem reappears. Sort of frustrating. I've also had issues with the mouse not working recently until I reattach or restart. Have you been having that problem? It seems recent.

I don't believe so, it started out about a month or two ago I think. It feels like after 8.1 though that it just got worse, I don't think that would have any effect, but it and the micro USB on the tablet has gotten worse since it and yeah, the mouse is fickle too, but then again I never liked it anyway (my micro USB 3.0 cable no longer works on it). If its bugging you, chat with or call Nokia and tell them, that way you can exchange it out too. I'm really hoping when I get the new keyboard it was just a first run keyboard issue and not tablet issue instead!

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe so, it started out about a month or two ago I think. It feels like after 8.1 though that it just got worse, I don't think that would have any effect, but it and the micro USB on the tablet has gotten worse since it and yeah, the mouse is fickle too, but then again I never liked it anyway (my micro USB 3.0 cable no longer works on it). If its bugging you, chat with or call Nokia and tell them, that way you can exchange it out too. I'm really hoping when I get the new keyboard it was just a first run keyboard issue and not tablet issue instead!
I had missed your original post where you said that you were sending it to Nokia for replacement. Mine is from the offer too. Have you any indication on how long it will take for a replacement?

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had missed your original post where you said that you were sending it to Nokia for replacement. Mine is from the offer too. Have you any indication on how long it will take for a replacement?

Not sure, they never gave me a turn around time, but I wouldn't expect too long as the shipping center is less then 20 minutes from my house (still had to mail it usps to them instead of dropping it off, but whatever) they should have received mine today. I had bought another cheap case to keep it safe until then.

Kylie141

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I too am having keyboard problems, only I ordered mine through Verizon. I called Nokia and they made sure I had installed all the recent Windows updates. Now they are sending me back to the Verizon store with the keyboard. I've seen on other forums that people are often having to exchange the keyboard for a new one.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Luckily you were able to take it back to the store, still haven't heard anything from Nokia after I called Tuesday after it showed they received it. I'm just hoping I can find my usps reciept with the tracking number, just in case.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Luckily you were able to take it back to the store, still haven't heard anything from Nokia after I called Tuesday after it showed they received it. I'm just hoping I can find my usps reciept with the tracking number, just in case.
Please keep us updated when you receive the new keyboard. The problem is really starting to irritate me... just last night I was using it on a table and it was repeatedly losing connection then reconnecting when I was barely touching the screen & buttons. Thanks.

reykjavik2014

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the newer red Verizon keyboards and mine does the same thing. It also rarely computes its battery life correctly (if at all) when you look up remaining battery life on the desktop. Currently it is saying the keyboard has 0% left, but I have 65% remaining battery life and my Lumina battery has 95%. Huh?!?! This keyboard was a great idea, but ion reality, doesn't really work right at all! Returning...

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Please keep us updated when you receive the new keyboard. The problem is really starting to irritate me... just last night I was using it on a table and it was repeatedly losing connection then reconnecting when I was barely touching the screen & buttons. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response, didn't notice the notification. I still have heard nothing from them about the keyboard and after an hour on the phone with a very confused and out of placed sounding lady, I've been told my case has been escalated and should wait for a call back within a few days. What's worse is that the repair center is 20 minutes from me, I can't find my tracking number anymore and my 1520 had to be repaired too and has taken as long too. Awful service so far!

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the newer red Verizon keyboards and mine does the same thing. It also rarely computes its battery life correctly (if at all) when you look up remaining battery life on the desktop. Currently it is saying the keyboard has 0% left, but I have 65% remaining battery life and my Lumina battery has 95%. Huh?!?! This keyboard was a great idea, but ion reality, doesn't really work right at all! Returning...

I've never experienced that, at least that I know of. Then again I had the at&t version of the tablet and there was problems reported with the verizon tablet and keyboard. But I know what you mean, the keyboard has slowly started to lose some of its magic.

reykjavik

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Did you purchase it using a credit card? Contest/dispute the charge claiming they sold you a defective product and won't replace it.

My keyboard has good days and bad. The past week or so I haven't had a problem, but that was after a few weeks of having it go on and off constantly. It's a piece of garbage but so is Nokia and thus the reason why they went bankrupt.

I mean in all honesty, we're all buying overpriced garbage from an overpriced garbage company that offers no support or help to its early adopters. We really shouldn't be surprised when it turns out their product doesn't work and they won't help you fix it (or won't replace it).

Of course, they wouldn't even consider reading this forum. Only a company that isn't garbage would consider doing that.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you purchase it using a credit card? Contest/dispute the charge claiming they sold you a defective product and won't replace it.

My keyboard has good days and bad. The past week or so I haven't had a problem, but that was after a few weeks of having it go on and off constantly. It's a piece of garbage but so is Nokia and thus the reason why they went bankrupt.

I mean in all honesty, we're all buying overpriced garbage from an overpriced garbage company that offers no support or help to its early adopters. We really shouldn't be surprised when it turns out their product doesn't work and they won't help you fix it (or won't replace it).

Of course, they wouldn't even consider reading this forum. Only a company that isn't garbage would consider doing that.

Unfortunately, it was part of the free power keyboard offer, so I'm getting double screwed. Going to go to the center tomorrow that it was shipped to and try to get someone to do something, hopefully. Took over a week to get back my replacement 1520 from them and i never even received an email or anything saying they had sent it, or what was done. Not happy about my first couple repair experiences with them.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine kind of did the same thing when I first got it. It seems that the tablet is not seated tight enough to put pressure onto the pins which causes flaky connection when being bumped. Eventually it fixed itself though but when I fold the tablet it will disconnect and reconnect (very intermittent). Eventually the two guide pins on the keyboard cover port broke off somehow and ever since then, the keyboard hasn't had a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre