HDMI out/dual screen performance is underwhelming

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Almost 2 weeks with my 2520 and I finally found something negative to say about it.

I finally tried my HDMI cable for some large screen gaming and video and came away underwhelmed. Many of my HD movies would error out while playing and tablet performance/ navigation overall became sluggish. Gaming, once on the screen, performed pretty well with no visible performance hit or freezes.

You do have options to mirror the screen, extend the screen, or have one display on while the other is off. I'm gonna have to test the different configurations out to see if there's a performance difference. Perhaps RT has enough power to give smooth performance when using a keyboard and mouse while displaying only to a monitor but with the dual screen set ups performance took a hit.

At least I can use the HDMI out occasionally but this is no mini-PC/HTPC replacement.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Screw using HDMI cables, download Media Browser to your PC and cast it to your TV. I use it on my RT box to cast video to my XB1 and its perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss