Miracast Netflix no sound

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I have a Netgear Push2TV (PTV3000) that I can extend the Lumia's screen to and that works fine but when I try to mirror Netflix or Hulu I don't get any audio. Other apps like Media Player or Metro Radio mirror to my TV just fine and also play the sound through my receiver.
Has anyone else tried this feature and got it working?
Thanks!

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a problem with 5.1 channel audio sources like Netflix. I noticed that the media player I used to play the video was just outputting 2 channel audio to the dongle even though the video file was a 5.1 audio file. Then I found out that the Miracast specification (http://www.wi-fi.org/system/files/wp_Miracast_Industry_20120919.pdf) only mandates 2 channel audio capability for a product to be Miracast certified and that 5.1 audio is optional. Additionally the windows driver for the Qualcomm chip states that it supports up to 2 audio channels.

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
So I went and bought a micro hdmi adapter and even with that I only have 2 channel sound. Does anyone get 5.1 channel sound when connected via hdmi cable?

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Youre lucky, when I try to miracast netflix to a dongle from my phone I just get an error. The code says that I should disconnect all external displays and try again.......

Thats kind of the point of miracast...I was really hoping to throw netflix from the phone to the TV....

mylumia

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Meh... how do we tell Nokia to make the 2520 do 5.1? The hardware is capable of doing it. It's the driver that's the problem. It's very disappointing to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05