What do you do with your Lumia 2520... any regrets?

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So I started this thread and figured its only right to give an update. when it is working right it is friggan awesome and if it were still available today with a reliable warranty I would buy it over any other tablet on the market (with the power keyboard of course) here are the only tech problems I noticed

1. The tablet makes a popping noise. Like something you would hear from a short circuit or something.
2. The power keyboard some how kills the tablet requiring a hour worth of inserting and re-inserting the power cable. Also playing with some hard reset button combinations. After a while even that stopped working. As soon as it connects screen goes black and pc dies. I bought a new keyboard to test it and it was the same experience. I started to buy a new tablet and realized it aint worth it any more.

For the record while it was working correctly it was perfect !!!

DO not buy this now. The reason being is that if you just so happen to get one off the assembly line that has the problems mine had you will be disappointed at your warranty repair options. its not even worth the headache at this point. Not worth the risk. Obviously mine started acting up right outside the warranty period (almost 100% positive this is by design for the repeat sales) Like I said totally worth it if you get a good one but chances are you want and you will pretty much be on your own even if it is under warranty. Nokia only uses PALCO now for warranty repairs. THey are the worst ever in ever in the history of ever to have repair your phone. You will ship it off with little or no contact. there will be no customer service support person to inquire about the status. You may or may not eventually get your phone back weeks (even months for me at times). When you get it back it may or may not be fixed AND it may even be broken more (as I have had a few of these cases) If it is broken more.. well they wont buy you a new 2520 because no one has a new one in stock that's not refurbished or still has some kind of warranty so.. this failure is bad manufacturing and a bad Nokia road map as almost all support for that device is absolutely buried under 1,000 lbs of Not-Even-There. Don't waste the time and money. Lumia 2520, we had a good run. I will not be resurrecting you because of your handlers.

macros_1

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my 2520 in June, got one of the rare T-Mobile versions brand new for about $175. Added a power keyboard and I still love it. Coupled with the Free 200MB for life offer from T-Mobile, it's a dream for traveling. I love the battery life with the type cover (well over 10 hours) and the form factor is just right. I really wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I knew what I was getting when I was going into it. I don't expect years of use out of it, and if I ever have to refresh it...I'll lose a number of apps, but for now it may be unloved by many, but for me it is just right.

Really, my only gripe is that the built-in Mail App has been hosed forever on Windows 8.1 (any message that has over like 500 characters slows down the interface terribly bad). Other than that, mine has been flawless and I truly adore it.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I never knew T-Mo offered this. I wish I would have known. Are they still offering and in what country?

I got my 2520 in June, got one of the rare T-Mobile versions brand new for about $175. Added a power keyboard and I still love it. Coupled with the Free 200MB for life offer from T-Mobile, it's a dream for traveling. I love the battery life with the type cover (well over 10 hours) and the form factor is just right. I really wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I knew what I was getting when I was going into it. I don't expect years of use out of it, and if I ever have to refresh it...I'll lose a number of apps, but for now it may be unloved by many, but for me it is just right.

Really, my only gripe is that the built-in Mail App has been hosed forever on Windows 8.1 (any message that has over like 500 characters slows down the interface terribly bad). Other than that, mine has been flawless and I truly adore it.

macros_1

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I never knew T-Mo offered this. I wish I would have known. Are they still offering and in what country?
T-Mobile (US) offered it through their business side for a while. I don't think they have it anymore as it wasn't really advertised except in some pictures in pamphlets. You may be able to find one on Ebay as they show up every so often. But works quite well and gets pretty good reception (my 2520 can get a signal many times when my phone will not).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon