Games look and run better on my Icon compared to my 2520!

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? Frame rates, graphics overall and game play seem much smoother on my phone compared to my tablet. Maybe I'm missing something. Any thoughts?

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I get that but what's the deal with RT? Some of the performance issues and or differences have been jarring. If RT is to be the mobile platform of the Surface tablets shouldn't things run alot smoother by now?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I get that but what's the deal with RT? Some of the performance issues and or differences have been jarring. If RT is to be the mobile platform of the Surface tablets shouldn't things run alot smoother by now?

They should , what apps are running in the background, try to close them from task manager.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Has nothing to do with apps or OS. 1080p is 1080p. Regardless of screen size, you have the same amount of vertical/horizontal lines. So the picture on a 5" display vs a 12" display, will always be more sharp, when both are 1080p.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Has nothing to do with apps or OS. 1080p is 1080p. Regardless of screen size, you have the same amount of vertical/horizontal lines. So the picture on a 5" display vs a 12" display, will always be more sharp, when both are 1080p.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Your argument is flawed, maybe screen size doesn't impact performance however it does impact quality.

A 720p display on mobiles(4 to 6 inches) still looks great however the same 720p would look terrible on a cinema screen.

Apps aren't properly optimized for both Windows Phone and Windows RT but I would imagine the optimization for Windows Phone is still better than RT so maybe games become better looking if there is a merger between Windows Phone and RT.

RT is a bit heavy for Snapdragon 800 I believe, but Windows Phone runs very smoothly on Snapdragon 800.

So the quality of games(and generally everything else) is dependant on the processor, OS and app optimization.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to agree with you on the optimization point Sal. I suppose I am behind the curve when it comes to noticing certain things but I am most certainly looking forward to future tweaks and updates to BOTH operating systems. It irks me when I see very good chipsets and plenty of ram struggling to run certain games given the hardware. Microsoft is getting there but its getting harder and harder to ignore the cutting edge hardware pushing programs in the Android and iOS sectors. Don't get me wrong I love my ICON and my 2520 but both leave a little to be desired when it comes to overall performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre