Nokia 2520 Charger.... No help from At&t and Nokia

whitie iii

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
The charger that came in the box with my 2520, only used to work sometimes when I wiggled it in the wall, but now does not work at all... Nokia won't replace the charger and tell me to get help from att and att does not have any chargers plus att won't replace whole device and tell me to go to Nokia for help. Since I'm on a payment plan I can't return it to att (had first 10 days to return but was working fine the first 10 days) I really need a charger as I only used this 3 times before my charger died i'm getting really frustrated!

if you know where I can get a 3rd party charger please tell me!

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
This is clear deficiency of service. Why should you have to pay for a dubious 3rd party replacement for a relatively new device accessory? Did AT&T say how long it would take to obtain another charger? Let them know this is simply not acceptable. As for 3rd party chargers, I don't know where you can get them from but perhaps someone on eBay is selling the charger for a broken device separately? Good luck and let us know how you fared.

whitie iii

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
This is clear deficiency of service. Why should you have to pay for a dubious 3rd party replacement for a relatively new device accessory? Did AT&T say how long it would take to obtain another charger? Let them know this is simply not acceptable. As for 3rd party chargers, I don't know where you can get them from but perhaps someone on eBay is selling the charger for a broken device separately? Good luck and let us know how you fared.

At&t said to try usb after my many atempts to tell them this device does not charge with usb... they then said that if it does not charge with usb, they don't sell chargers for the device and it would be nokia's problem

Nokia said they are back ordered on charger and it would be 12 or more weeks before new chargers become avalible

Last edited:

jpmfan

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
anyone know when Verizon will get the travel charger back in stock or has it been out of stock for ages now?

I'm visiting the US later this month and desperately want to get a second charger, for some reason nowhere in Europe seems to sell the charger separate. Tempted to get the wall charger in worst case but could anyone who has the US Lumia 2520 charger please post the specs that are on it please? I don't mind needing to use an adapted with the charger when it's back in Europe just as long as the voltages and everything would be ok.

If I'd need to start a new thread for these questions I'm happy to just didn't want to flood the forum with threads on chargers.

jpmfan

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
is the charger in the US the same except for the plug on it?

my UK charger has:

AC input 100-200V 50-60Hz 0.65A
DC output: 20V 1.5A
Part Num NII200150

Would a US charger with a separate travel adapter to do US to UK or EU work? If so I'll buy a wall charger when I'm in the USA as a backup/second charger

arcadelt

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
If its any consolation, I am having the same trouble in Australia. Nokia's world-wide customer support centre says contact the exclusive Australian distributor, Telstra, and Telstra know nothing about it and say go to Nokia. Unlike you, I have a working charger, but with a UK plug (bought it there), and would like to get hold of an Australian plug. With Apple, I would just buy a World Travel Adapter Kit and be done, but seems this type of product (and by extension, customer service) is beyond Nokia (and by extension, Microsoft). I have seen an aftermarket charger for sale on eBay from a US seller, so that might fix your issue. Just put the part number: NII200150 into the eBay search engine and you should find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans