(Plugged in, not charging)

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i'm pretty sure a lot of you already know about this issue but, i'll go ahead and paste my story here:

tablet came in the mail and it wont charge. plugs in, but continuously just reads (0% plugged in, not charging). the optional keyboard accessory that goes with it charges just fine. the wall plug in just skips the entirety of the tablet. so its either one of two things. the port on the tablet is bad or corrupt (which should mean that the keyboard shouldnt be charging at all) or the charger itself is bad.

disabled, re-enabled the battery drivers. uninstalled and re-installed same drivers, did a full factory reset, and installed the lasted firmware and all updates after - which was a pain in the *** because i had to find a way to bypass that the tablet was completely dead, and had to rely on the keyboard's battery. after that, at one point it did say that the tablet was charging, but i wasnt getting any percentage yet (assuming that the keyboard has to finish first), but nope, that wasnt it.

i've experienced this crap before when i used to work at a tech store with normal laptops, but because we had so many wall chargers and removable batteries (or had to fix, replace the charge port), it didnt bother us too much. but yeah, there's my story, and that's what i guess i'll be playing around with this weekend before i get a replacement or a refund. if it continues to act up. :eck::straight:"

is there something that i'm not aware of with this tablet and why its doing this, something else i need to do to get it to charge, or did i just run into bad luck?

Portsider

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I ended up returning two 2520's to ATT for the same issue (plugged in, not charging). Finally after going to a different ATT store across town, I got one that worked perfectly, Bad batch, maybe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre