LiveSight for HERE maps, anyone got it to work?

PLogic

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

There are four possible causes why I can not get Livesight to work on 2520:

1.) I need a mobile broad band connection as I am trying to get it work from wifi.
2.) For whatever reason the Lumia 2520 version of HERE maps does not detect my compass.
3.) There was never true AR support offered on 2520, although, also highly unlikely.
4.) I have no idea.

Can anyone tell me if they had more luck, or at least that it is a known bug and they are working on it?

Christer Sjaunja

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Have never heard nokia announce livesight for anything else than windows phone?
Edit: they also released the api for android a couple of weeks ago but not for windows.

Last edited:

PLogic

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
It will be cool if they did :cool:

edit: Just wish there was a way to contact them other then tech support. The reply was "You need an Ethernet connection to get livesight to work." They do realize it is a tablet? I do not think it even has Ethernet capability.

Last edited:

PLogic

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Cross linked from a different thread:

If Apple or Android OEMs decide not to use the API, then there will still be mobile browser and web versions that will make Nokia money. Then there is the Mozilla partnership.
This is the exact same situation as Nokia's map apps for WP8 for other companies. It's all up to HTC, Samsung etc. to licence it from Nokia and they can use it. Exact same thing with this HERE platform.
And yes, I bet that the BEST will still be exclusive only to Nokia Lumia devices... If you want nokia apps buy a nokia phone! You didn't want their phone so do not complain that you don't have their apps. ... (What about MS? Why MS giving Xbox, smartglass and other apps to non-WP users?)

Apparently there is some beef here with MS on the subject.

Incredible! Amazing! Look at the youtube video for the API, the way it integrates that circular map with the street view imagery is genius!
Nokia is going to blow away Google in maps! The world's strongest maps provider just got stronger now... Nokia location platform just getting better and better, I personally like the "Remember where you park" feature.

I agree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb