Lumia 2520 doesn't restore

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Until this thread, I had never seen or heard of the Surface RT having a recovery image out on the Internet.

Oh yes, not only did Microsoft make an RT 8.1 image available for the Surface RT, the full RT 8.1 image and a separate Surface RT drivers package were leaked before 8.1's General Availability on October 17, 2013.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, not only did Microsoft make an RT 8.1 image available for the Surface RT, the full RT 8.1 image and a separate Surface RT drivers package were leaked before 8.1's General Availability on October 17, 2013.
Well that's quite the surprise! It's a shame that Nokia hasn't done the same thing, then..

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well that's quite the surprise! It's a shame that Nokia hasn't done the same thing, then..

One can argue that even Microsoft might not have bothered if not for the problems caused by 8.1. I don't understand what they'd have to lose by making these available to users. It's not as if people who don't need these files will willy-nilly download and misuse them in some way.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not as if people who don't need these files will willy-nilly download and misuse them in some way.
Never underestimate the willy-nilly in others!

(A nonsensical reply meant only to shoot for some humor.. However weak it might be. Mostly because I'm amused by your use of "willy-nilly" here. ;) )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos