Is it worth buying the Nokia Lumia 2520?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I know it's a great device with strong battery life, a great screen, an attractive design, and super-fast charging, but is it still worth buying?
It's highly unlikely a successor will ever be released, considering the Surface series by Microsoft, but I'm still very interested in the 2520 and have heard great things.
But Windows 9 is coming out, will the 2520 get it? With such a massive update coming up, is it worth buying the 2520?
I'm honestly not experienced with Windows tablets, my expertise rests in phones and laptops/desktops so I have very little knowledge on the matter at hand. I'd appreciate some help, thanks.

anon(9047871)

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a used 2520 on eBay for $199.95. It will arrive some time this week. Based on the reviews for the 2520, I have no doubt that it will be a great tablet for me. And buying it off contact means I can use it over Wi-Fi only if I choose and avoid an additional line charge/contract on VZW.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I bought one this week with the power keyboard on eBay as well. I have had the original Surface RT and like it but found it somewhat lacking in looks and the battery life wasn't the greatest; hence the 2520.

I have a question and haven't found an answer for it as yet. The 2520 has a Snapdragon 800 processor. This is the same processor as some other tablets running full Windows 8.1. What keeps me from loading the full Windows version on the 2520?

Thanks for any heads up on this question.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought one this week with the power keyboard on eBay as well. I have had the original Surface RT and like it but found it somewhat lacking in looks and the battery life wasn't the greatest; hence the 2520.

I have a question and haven't found an answer for it as yet. The 2520 has a Snapdragon 800 processor. This is the same processor as some other tablets running full Windows 8.1. What keeps me from loading the full Windows version on the 2520?

Thanks for any heads up on this question.

You cant run full windows 8.1 on the snapdragon processor.
Its the CPU architecture that's different.

Any small tablet running full windows 8.1 is running an intel atom x86 processor at the minimum. In fact every tablet running full windows has an intel processor or an AMD processor.

Any small tablet using either the Snapdagon 800 (Lumia 2520) or the NVidia Tegra lineup (Surface non-pro) or any other CPU has an ARM based processor and runs Windows RT 8.1
ARM and x86 are incompatible with each other.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
How long will this $99 with two-year contract on AT&T last? If it lasts until Christmas I was planning to buy a new Nokia Lumia 1520 Glossy Red(better than my black) and bundle with the 2520.

ggobi

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
i have been using a Lumia 2520 for over 8 months now for work and pleasure. It replaced an iPad. I chose it for specific reasons ( windows,
and office primarily), and i am not disappointed. I can get away with carrying this around for work as opposed to a laptop, and also keep my self amused when i am travelling or after work. Having said that there i also run into frustrating issues, and miss certain capabilities and apps. If you have any specific usability questions, i may be able to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa