Just want to preface this that I own a Surface Pro 3 so I am very spoiled by the performance of a Core i5 on a tablet.
    But I also own a Dell Venue 8 Pro as well and the Atom processor is very snappy when it comes to launching apps and such.

When I use the Lumia 2520, it is very slow and laggy in launching apps if windows is updating in the background or anything is going on in the desktop and I try to use Mobile apps. I know that the Snapdragon 800 is as good as ARM gets for tablets so I want to blame this on WinRT8.1
    Anyone else have performance issues?
    09-20-2014 01:27 PM
    Mine has been fine since I had it back when it was released, maybe your running out of space on the internal memory? Any background tasks stuck running in task manager?
    09-21-2014 06:55 AM
    I have the same laggy experience on mine. There's always random and intermittent lag when opening, using, and switching apps, even after doing a reinstall. This will be the last windows tab I ever buy.
    09-21-2014 10:09 AM
    I have the same laggy experience on mine. There's always random and intermittent lag when opening, using, and switching apps, even after doing a reinstall. This will be the last windows tab I ever buy.
    That doesn't sound right, sorry to hear. Think everyone can get in touch with support here? I really want to say how it shouldn't be laggy and to perhaps try another unit or model. Eh its your decision.

I just recently picked up a Surface RT and I would imagine performance to be worse than the 2520, but much to my surprise it functions very well. I see the limits in games, benchmarks, and occasionally when starting or snapping an app, but nothing really laggy unless I'm pushing it like I was when it was updating everything and I was fiddling with it.
    Huh.
    09-21-2014 04:07 PM
    That doesn't sound right, sorry to hear. Think everyone can get in touch with support here? I really want to say how it shouldn't be laggy and to perhaps try another unit or model. Eh its your decision.

I just recently picked up a Surface RT and I would imagine performance to be worse than the 2520, but much to my surprise it functions very well. I see the limits in games, benchmarks, and occasionally when starting or snapping an app, but nothing really laggy unless I'm pushing it like I was when it was updating everything and I was fiddling with it.
    Huh.
    My Nokia isn't slow, but it has a glitch that forces me to turn it on and off when it goes to sleep. I hope they have fixed it, but as far as I know they haven't.
    09-25-2014 12:17 AM