New to the Lumia 2520!

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!
Well tomorrow is the day that I get my brand new Lumia ICON and the Lumia 2520 with the Power Keyboard as well as a few other goodies. I'm excited, but at the same time I'm a little apprehensive about it being my first Windows RT device. Is there anything I should know? Do you have any recommendations on apps or any accessories? I do know that I'm not able to use any legacy applications and stuff. Is there anyone out there that uses just the Wi-fi. Since this is a "gift" from Nokia for the poor way they've been treating me I'm really not planning on getting a data plan for it at this time because money is tight with me being off of work right now. Are there any issues in me doing this? Does anyone else just use wi-fi and not have a data plan for theirs? Any assistance and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
CodeGunnerDev

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I can not speak for the ICON or for the Lumia 2520, but I can speak for the Windows RT 8.1 OS, it is great... Yeah no legacy... Yeah not viruses and malware, and with a few tweaks it can be fast and fluid...

Full IE, XBOX Games, Full Office RT, wow... I have been using my Surface RT 64G since 8/22 and now it is 9/26, I have used it every day... Windows RT 8.1 with Office RT 2013 is a great package of software and hardware (can not speak about the Nokia hardware)...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wi-Fi only will work just fine. Heck, many smartphones work fine without cellular service.

Welcome to RT! There's not much to tell you, since you're aware of the limitations. Other than that, its practically a full Windows 8.1 install, it has Paint, Notepad... It might take a while to get it fully update though, so make sure to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb