Lumia 2520 C: drive almost full

JACK 1

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Although I do not have a huge number of apps and only a few photos and video clips my C: drive shows as aLmost full. There is no similar problem with the SD drive. Are there some big memory hogs (apps) that I should delete?

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Using storage sense observe what is occupying most space and then accordingly delete/move apps/other stuff to memory card.
If this does not help then u could try hard reset as last resort.
But do not forget to backup your stuff if you are doing a hard reset.
Good luck

JACK 1

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
By clearing a bunch of history, deleting temp files and moving video clips to SD I have cleared a little space from 1.5Gb free to 4.0Gb free on C:. a couple questions, how much free space is typical for the 2520? and I am not familiar with a storage Sense for RT, I thought only WP had this at this time, if it does exist, where would I find it?

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm still over here waiting to utilize my SD card....all i want is an update that lets me run apps from my SD card

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
You can also try moving the recovery partition to a USB thumbstick and deleting it from the device, I'm sure that would clear up space.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I didn't realize this until I purchased a video and wanted to download it onto my tablet so that I could watch it on the plane. Could not do it because did not have enough space available on C drive.
At the time I didn't have an SD card, but I just got one. I just tried again to download the movie, thinking I would have the option to select my SD card, but that does not appear to be an option.

I noticed that most of my drive is taken up by the Windows folder - almost 10 GB.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Open IE in desktop mode.
Go to the right corner to setting.
In the drop down menu choose downloads.
In the menu what now opens go to the left bottom to OPTION.
There you can change the download location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos