I just got my red 2520 with red keyboard cover for $400. It is certainly not cheap for a tablet, and the Microsoft store employee asked if I needed the $99 warranty. I am considering the warranty, but I never got one for any of my laptops. Was wondering, how is the tablet holding up for you (including drops, spills, and BSOD)?
    10-31-2014 02:15 PM
    Well, it looks like I might just get the warranty, or return the device altogether. Had 2 freezes yesterday: only 1 ie window was open, tablet went to sleep 100% battery and didn't wake up (had to force restart).

The other time tablet froze even after installing all updates, restarting, and nothing running in background. Again, just went to sleep and can't wake up.

Will read up on forums and try fixes others suggested first..

I really love the device otherwise, so it is really too bad if I have to bring it back.
    11-04-2014 12:37 PM
    I got my 2520 for $160 off email, brand new. I've had it for a month, and love it. The first week or so, on occasion, it wasn't waking up for me either and someone said it's a very common problem and there's a fix for it. I forgot what exactly, but just do a search for it... I think it involved going to the control panel in desktop but don't quote me on that.
    Anyway, since I did make that change, it hasn't froze or refused to wake up at all
    11-04-2014 12:46 PM
    Searched through the forums and found the USB fix in the control panel on the desktop (have to disable power save/sleep mode for USB in device manager).

Tablet has not frozen since! I just do wonder what effect this has on the battery
    11-08-2014 12:23 AM
    Searched through the forums and found the USB fix in the control panel on the desktop (have to disable power save/sleep mode for USB in device manager).

Tablet has not frozen since! I just do wonder what effect this has on the battery
    Can you elaborate on that a little bit if you can ..

Did you do this for each of these ?

Can't find anything else there
    11-09-2014 04:25 PM
    dropped mine a couple of times it has survived
    11-09-2014 05:37 PM