Stuck Screen

morete908

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone would know of a resolution to an issue I am having. I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 2520 AT&T branded unlocked from a popular online vendor. I plugged the tablet into the wall to charge for the first time with the Nokia proprietary wall charger that the device came with, and a black screen with the name "Nokia" appeared in the center of the screen. I left it connected to the wall charger for four hours and the name "Nokia" is still there. It hasn't booted to the start screen for the first time yet. No other information has shown on the screen. I tried to turn the tablet off and the "Nokia" name stayed frozen there on the screen. I pressed and held the on/off switch for 10 seconds and the tablet turned off. When it turned back on, the name "Nokia" was still there....frozen. Any suggestions as to how I might be able to boot to the start screen for the first time? Thanks.

dharvey24

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
1.Power off the unit (holding the power button 10 seconds if necessary).
2.Momentarily press the power button so the unit boots up. You should notice the green LED light next to the front camera. As soon as you see the Nokia logo, hold down the power button until the unit turns off (approximately 10 seconds). You have now successfully interrupted the boot process.
3.Repeat the above step once more.
4.Boot the unit for a third time without interrupting the boot process. You will notice the text 'Preparing Automatic Repair' followed by 'Diagnosing your PC'. You have now successfully triggered the recovery mode.
5.Follow the on-screen guidance.

morete908

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, dharvey for taking the time to reply. I went through the process that you mentioned a couple times throughout the day. The Nokia splash screen is still stuck and the "Preparing Automatic Repair" didn't appear. I also tried the power button/volume down and the tablet is still stuck on the splash screen. I don't know if there are any other troubleshooting options left short of sending it into Microsoft/Nokia service center in Texas. I called their customer support and went through the same troubleshooting steps, but still no fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12