Keyboard stopped working. Replacement doesn't work either.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago, my power keyboard stopped working. The battery was still visible to the OS and would charge and discharge properly. And strangely, whenever I plugged the tablet into the power keyboard, the on-screen keyboard would disappear. However, I would never get the USB connect/disconnect sounds and neither the keyboard nor trackpad would work.

I did a full reinstall, thinking my drivers got messed up, but no luck there.

I reached out to Nokia, explaining the situation and telling them I suspect that I have a bad power keyboard. They sent me a new one, but that new one exhibits the exact same issue. I'm stumped. Either they sent me a faulty replacement, or there is something wrong with the tablet itself. What could have gone wrong? I don't understand how the on-screen keyboard disappears unless the keyboard is detected in some way. I did a second reinstall, but no luck there.

Could someone help me out and post a few screenshots of a fully expanded device manager tree?

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Mike,
I would post mine, but unfortunately, my charging port only works if I push the plug in a direction, so it's dead now:/ When I had a similar problem, I took a pencil eraser to the connector on the 2520 and on the keyboard. It worked better immediately.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Open it up and check out the flex cables. My keyboard eventually got bad overtime where some keys would stop working. I opened it up and found the flex cable halfway falling out.

aripekka anttila

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Might it be so, that some of Windows update is not compatible with keyboard.

My problem was that my keyboard stopped working totally. After restarting etc it start working, but stopped again.
I reinstall my Lumia 2520, but I didn't install all updates. I didn't install updates (driver and RT8.1 KB3003667) after August 2014.

After this reinstall keyboard have working fine.

Aripekka

Jerzy Plieth

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,
The problem is known for me from some time too. The reason is dirty (oxidized) contacts on L2520, not on the Power Keyboard. You have to use a specific type of "contact spray". Contacts on the Power Keyboard are covered with gold, but on the L2520 not!
Treatment of contacts helps unfortunately only for a few days, and the process must be repeated regularly. Unfortunately I do not know if the problem is known for Nokia and whether we have the right to repair our L2520?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05