Need help selecting correct cable & adaptors for my 2520

mbhq

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm very happy with my 2520, I really only use the desktop IE version, and go from there. It's a you tube and web browsing beast that lasts way longer than I do. I'm getting tired of using the on screen keyboard and want to purchase a wireless or bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it.

Assuming I go wireless, or wired, what cable connections must be used? I am very confused but believe I can use either a male "micro usb 3.0 otg" to either a usb 3.0 or usb 2.0 female adapter and would be good to go with a wireless. Also I believe I could use a "micro usb otg" again, male, to a 2.0 or 3.0 usb adaptor (female) for either a transmitter or for a usb connection. I am assuming the RT drivers will allow use of the above.

Appreciate any input, I'd just like to use a keyboard and mouse with my 2520 and am lost at all the options, particularly with no clear instructions from the manual.

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need help selecting correct cable & adaptors for my 2520

The 2520 has Bluetooth, so you can use almost any bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse with the 2520. Me, I use the Microsoft Universal Keyboard as it has dedicated volume buttons. I don't use a mouse but use the touchscreen. I also have a micro USB 3.0 OTG cable to use to connect flash drives with no problems. And finally I have a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable to connect to my TV when needed.

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Yes, any blueooth mouse will work fine.

Also, if you have an OTG micro USB to Standard USB female connector you can connect an RF Mouse just as well.

Maaks

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site

I have micro-HDMI to HDMI cable to connect to my TV - it works fine.
But when I connect micro USB 3.0 OTG cable to any USB device (card reader, ext.HDD) nothing happes (lights on card reader or on HDD wil not lighen up even)! Do I have to install drivers for USB or ...?
EDIT: Replaced the cable and all things working fine :)
Most probaly first cable was not OTG or was faulty.

Last edited:

Jerzy Plieth

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes, any blueooth mouse will work fine.

Also, if you have an OTG micro USB to Standard USB female connector you can connect an RF Mouse just as well.
Our 2520 is host device, not slave, so every USB device can be connected via simple USB adapter, not via OTG!

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Our 2520 is host device, not slave, so every USB device can be connected via simple USB adapter, not via OTG!

Umm, I don't know what you mean.

An OTG cable can be connected to the microUSB port and it converts to a regular USB port. This is what you need to plug in anything with a standard USB plug.

Jerzy Plieth

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Umm, I don't know what you mean.

An OTG cable can be connected to the microUSB port and it converts to a regular USB port. This is what you need to plug in anything with a standard USB plug.
USB OTG or just OTG, is a specification first used in late 2001, that allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices, such as USB flash drive, digital camera, mouse, or keyboard to be attached to them - USB On-The-Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Our 2520 is the host device by nature, so it does not need an OTG USB cable; the simple USB<=>USB cable/ adapter is good enough!
The only difference between simple USB<=>USB cable and USB<=>USB OTG is the use an additional pin "sense"
OTG.jpg

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

When you go to E-bay and type in OTG USB cable you will see microUSB male to USB-A Female adapters.

Since our 2520 has a microUSB port and most USB devices have a USB-A male plug, we will need an adapter to plug them into our tablet.

Not trying to teach a course in rocket surgery here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss