[L2520] Can I download maps on SD card?

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I cannot believe I am the only one with this problem! The storage on drive C is very limited. I only have a couple of GB left. So I cannot install any significant set of maps. SD card could be a saver, but there is no visible way to download maps on SD. So how people go around this?! The only reason I bought this device was because of Here Maps...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I cannot believe I am the only one with this problem! The storage on drive C is very limited. I only have a couple of GB left. So I cannot install any significant set of maps. SD card could be a saver, but there is no visible way to download maps on SD. So how people go around this?! The only reason I bought this device was because of Here Maps...

You just have to decide, what's more important, Maps or Music/Photos/Games? There's plenty of storage on a 2520, no reason you can't put Maps on it.

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
How much storage do you have on your 2520?! I have 32GB total, don't have anything fancy or big.I keep all my music and photo and everything else (documents) on SD card. I just ran Disk CleanUp, and I only have 3GB free. The maps of the USA are bigger than that!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Same amount as you, my man. ;). Your OS must be bigger than mine? Lol. You really need the entire US saved to a tablet? Lol. I mean, whatever, if you don't have space, you don't. Obviously you just have to choose what's more important for your space. There's no workaround.

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
On my 2520 I have Maps Pro. In the Options you can select where to download the maps and I chose my SD card. Seems to be fine. I can choose to download the maps and then in the settings I think you have to select Downloaded Data to use the maps.

Ahh..but as I try to do this myself I am presented with options to purchase the maps. So, you can download maps and install then on your SD card but you have to buy the maps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12