Why won't my Nokia Lumia 2520 power on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 2520 won't power on.

I was playing a game on my lumia 2520 when it froze my tablet up. I held in the power button till it finally turned off, but now I cannot get the tablet to turn back on...any suggestions?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 2520 won't power on.

Have you plugged in to AC power? Is it possible the battery was almost depleted when this issue came up?

Hold the power button for 10 seconds... OR... Hold Power + Windows buttons.

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 2520 got same problem, it won't turn on. I charged for 12 hours but still no go. I hold the power button for more than 10 seconds, but still there is nothing happen when I press the power button again. Tapping on Windows button, I feel vibration, but no more vibration after tapped a few times.

I took a close look on the device, there is no screws, how can I disassembly it?

Icezickle

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem right now, a day after an update it started acting buggy so I cut it off now the screen stays black and the button vibrates but nothing else works. Idk what to do.... 😞

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...now the screen stays black and the button vibrates but nothing else works...

You should try and get into Recovery mode. On 2520 this is done by interrupting the boot cycle. Since your screen stays dark you will have to use the green light at top center for a guide.

Tap the Power Button > as soon as the green light goes out (normally when you see the Nokia logo) > hold Power Button down for 10 seconds (this should shut down the device.

Repeat the above including the interrupt of boot.

On the third time tap the Power Button and do not interrupt the cycle. You should see ‘Preparing Automatic Repair‘ followed by ‘Diagnosing your PC‘. This should take you to the Recovery screen where you can follow the on screen prompts.

Icezickle

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 2520 won't power on.

And it doesn't matter how longgggg I hold the power button or hold it with the volume down button it won't power off because the button still vibrates when I touch it.

I decided to let the battery completely die to see if it would work after plugging it into the charger and it still just stayed completely black, no green light to indicate that it was on, I pressed it home button and it vibrates... Ik it had to be the update.
I have another 2520 that wouldn't respond to touch anymore after an update and it took me foreverrrrrr to get them to fix it with it still being under warranty... A lot of prayer later they started to cooperate and I sent it in and it was fixed... It's kinda frustrating smh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss