Is it time to give up on my 2520 - Need Advice

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I am a long term user of the 2520. Thin, light, beautiful screen. But it is not on anyone's path and is being left behind. I know the normal question is "does it do what you want". Mostly yes, but frustrating with websites that won't work, or video that won't play.

So someone has offered me an ASUS 100TAM. Thicker, but runs full Windows 10. I can still use my nice lightweight BT Keyboard.

So thoughts on swapping if I don't mind the added weight? I guess it really comes down to whether anyone would by a Windows RT tablet in this day and age when there are so many form factors that now run full Windows 10.

Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am a long term user of the 2520. Thin, light, beautiful screen. But it is not on anyone's path and is being left behind. I know the normal question is "does it do what you want". Mostly yes, but frustrating with websites that won't work, or video that won't play.

So someone has offered me an ASUS 100TAM. Thicker, but runs full Windows 10. I can still use my nice lightweight BT Keyboard.

So thoughts on swapping if I don't mind the added weight? I guess it really comes down to whether anyone would by a Windows RT tablet in this day and age when there are so many form factors that now run full Windows 10.

Thanks

Never looked for a registry hack for "changing" your beautiful pad in a 950? check Hacks and Develop forum ...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never looked for a registry hack for "changing" your beautiful pad in a 950? check Hacks and Develop forum ...

Would make more sense to turn it into a 1520.... But is that even possible?

I guess it really comes down to whether anyone would by a Windows RT tablet in this day and age when there are so many form factors that now run full Windows 10.

I think the resale on a 2520 would be questionable at this point.

However, I still find use for mine and there are people who can still benefit from such a device. Examples: fantastic battery run time and super quick charging, great form factor/size, display is excellent, BT pairs great for keyboard/mouse, the "new" W10 style start and Office 2013 for life is a super value still...

You could probably get a few $ out of it with some wait time to find a buyer... OR I'm sure you know someone who could benefit. A student in need of a good tablet for doing homework. Take the Asus and pay it forward by finding a user for the 2520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon