Lumia 520 Purchases

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just bought one from a Telus store for $118.00 Canadian to replace my Lumia 800. No NFC, no flash, and only 5mp camera. Totally worth it.

For an inexpensive phone like this it's a total home run by Nokia. I briefly considered buying an Ativ S outright, but for four times the cost it was a no brainer to go with the 520.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just made the purchase today. Selling my 822. Miss my MMS. In comparison, it's almost the same experience. Going to have to play with the camera to get it the way I want to, and performance is slightly slower but not enough to make me upset lol

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Dperks17

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine at my local AT&T store. I'll be honest for 99$ this little guy is fantastic! I love the removable storage/battery. Amazing. Great job nokia

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering buying one and using it without a cell plan as a GPS unit with drive or something along those lines... I have a 920 but for some weird reason I want one of these haha

my one friend bought this just for a mp3 player and a gps device. As its cheaper than both. Lol

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Revisiting after a month of purchasing:

I love the WinPho8 experience. It's just this whole finding the hardware thing to be my current struggle. AT&T seems to have solved that now by releasing the 925. I love the size and feel of the 520 and would have probably stuck it out if it weren't for these two big things:

Signal- This phone is constantly dropping bars in places that I've never experienced that. I need something a bit more dependable

512 MB Ram- It gets the job done for the most part, but the constant refreshing and signing back into sites, especially on IE. Highly annoying.

Now I just gotta save pennies

FCone

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Last night my daughter dropped her Nexus 4 and it not only cracked the screen but it took out the digitizer. (So she could not so much as unlock it). Now she has broken three phone screens in the last three years so buying an expensive phone was out of the question.

I went into ATT this morning and claimed to have a gophone sim for her (Actually she has straight talk) and after some pushing the rep sold me the phone without making me buy a sim/plan. (I am a business customer with five lines so he put that in as the account holder).

Overall I am shocked at the value here. I installed FB, Pandora, KiK (A must for kids phones I am told) and an old SD card to copy her music to and connected it to her Outlook.com account in 15 min. Snapped a few pictures and made sure they uploaded to her Skydrive and could not be more pleased with my $100 purchase.

Thanks,
Frank

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Lumia 520 just the other day and am very happy with it so far.Much better than any low end android phone as low end android lags while low end windows phones don't.Also no other phone in its price range offers the specs that this phone does.

windoors

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Bought Lumia 520 from Flipkart! Loving it!

windoors.smart.jpg

jj2me

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought one as a media player, during the Amazon $40 sale.

Just great.
+ It's a larger-screen Zune HD, with the equivalent of the Zune Software but without the PC. (I paid ~$200 for my Zune HD.)
+ It's a stand-alone offline lifetime-maps GPS with removable/replaceable battery (forget about attaching a power cord and just swap batteries at rest stops). (I paid ~$100 for my lifetime-maps refurb Gamin.)
+ It's a wi-fi radio with Nokia Mix (Pandora style for free) and an FM radio.
+ It's an iPod Touch or Galaxy Player, at less than half the price.
+ It's got a great UI (I haven't read any user guide and just got it), which should be great for beginners and experienced alike.
+ It doesn't make me feel constrained by less apps; rather I feel somewhat liberated.

Nibbles so far (a few days of use, not activated), which I shouldn't mention at this price point (especially not at my cost):
- 512 GB RAM makes some videos stutter. To be expected at this price point and RAM.
- Has no Google Now or Siri equivalent. But so what? Has voice recognition a tap away.

Big omission (IMO) that will stop me from moving to Windows Phone (or iPhone) from Android:
- no keyboard substitutions. I have big hands, and rarely and poorly tap type. I use various swiping keyboards on Android (Swype, SwiftKey, Google Keyboard) and MessagEase (a big-key keyboard originally from Palm days). I don't get it. Does Microsoft keystroke log or something, so need to restrict us to their own keyboard? User entry seems so personal, and can be a point of user frustration because it's the area where we can potentially make the most mistakes. At least the voice recognition input seemed good in my one test.

Overall: At $40, all joy. Even at $100 and never used as a phone, it's a great buy for my usage.

(Caveat: I've only used this for a few days, so don't know much at all. Like will it accumulate cruft and slow down? Are there tricks or maintenance required? etc.)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Revisiting: signal is much better and consistent. This is the longest phone I've owned next to the 900 in recent times. With that being said, still looking for a replacement till my upgrade. The memory is still a problem along with the inconvenience of a ffc and flash

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos