Does anybody know how to disable alphabetical sorting of apps in the app list? I know it is useful for easy navigation but I don't like and don't want such kind of navigation. I have googled this issue and found that if the app number reaches 45-50, then the alphabetic sorting is activated. So I've uninstalled many apps, still I can see this kind of theme.
    04-16-2013 01:08 PM
    Does anybody know how to disable alphabetical sorting of apps in the app list? I know it is useful for easy navigation but I don't like and don't want such kind of navigation. I have googled this issue and found that if the app number reaches 45-50, then the alphabetic sorting is activated. So I've uninstalled many apps, still I can see this kind of theme.
    you can't disable it.
    04-16-2013 01:15 PM
    you need to reset your device to come up with this issue

Settings->About->reset your phone
    05-23-2013 07:36 AM
    you need to reset your device to come up with this issue

Settings->About->reset your phone
    What? He meant to disable the "Alphabetical sorting"..
    Resetting's not gonna help out.
    05-26-2013 09:08 AM
    You can't disable Alphabetical Sorting once it has been activated after you have installed so many apps. Only way to remove alphabetical sorting is to reset the phone itself and then not install over 40 apps.
    05-26-2013 09:10 AM
    You can't disable Alphabetical Sorting once it has been activated after you have installed so many apps. Only way to remove alphabetical sorting is to reset the phone itself and then not install over 40 apps.
    There's nothing we can speak of alphabetical sorting of apps in WP8.
    Even if you have <40 apps, it will be sorted alphabetically.
    05-26-2013 09:12 AM
    Just do not install over 30 apps and you would not have the alphabet list. But then what the point of having a smartphone if you can't use apps and games on it. The alphabet list is quick and easy to use. You cannot disable it, remove it, once it has been activated, only a hard reset will remove it.

Example: Say if you have 120 apps and looking for your favorite WPCentral App..You would have to scroll down to bottom of list before you would get to W..takes a couple of scrolls for me.

With Alpha list you just select a letter, choose a, then W and automatically goes to W Section.
    05-26-2013 09:23 AM
    In short, you can't

but at least there's a start screen that doesn't care about alphabetical-ness at all...
    05-26-2013 10:01 AM