lumia 520 heating

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Any update on this issue? I've seen a lot of posts from our local nokia facebook account regarding this issue. Its annoying to turn off 3G because that is what makes smartphones very useful. I had the same issue with my lumia 620 before and as far as I can recall I did a complete battery drain and did an full re-charge afterwards and that solved it!

Chemilinski

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine only gets hot in that area when I am watching 'HD' videos on YouTube.
I have mine on 3G all day and never have I had it feel warmer than it should.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Smart phones tend to become hot when you use a heavy duty app

Its completely normal unless its too hot to handle...contact nokia care if its becoming very hot

vikram sehtya

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
There are multiple reasons for a phone to get heat up. Starting from the enclosed structural design, to thin plastic battery/ back cover, heavier size apps, better GPU, backgrounds tasks running, Live tiles, etc etc. Almost all smartphones gets heat up. I am using both Galaxy S4 as well as Lumia 520, and believe me S4 also gets heat up. See we should understand few things, first of all windows apps are much heavier in comparison with android. So a windows phone will consume more battery and though the processor will heat up while working that extra bit. There's nothing to worry about. If your phone is getting warmer than its okey, but if its impossible to hold than you should definitely visit the service center.

hugedreams

May 25, 2014
Visit site
me too have the problem. my phone get over heated while using 3G in 2G and WIFI it works fine. any body have the solution? is this the hardware or software problem?

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Theres no solution guys, just chill! It's okay, EVERY phone gets heated up, every machine gets heated up! That's how things work! And u also have to understand that Lumia 520 is a low end phone...its sppsd to get heated up while playing games and also when u use 3g almost every phone gets heated up for the usage. Take it normally. But as everyone said - if it gets burning hot go to nokia care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon