Lumia 520 push e-mail (Office 365)

Umiamz

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I've just bought a Lumia 520 as a spare - my main is an iPhone 4S. I've been playing around with it a bit and I'm really enjoying the interface compared with the iPhone - so much so that I might move to WP8 when my contract expires in a few months.

Anyway, the point of my post - I've set up my Office 365 account and also set e-mail to be received "as items arrive". However, it's very hit and miss. Half the time, the 520 receives the e-mail immediately (same time or even slightly before Outlook picks it up) - other times nothing. Eventually it will receive one again (and all the ones it's missed). Manual syncs work every time. This is disappointing - my iPhone with the same SIM receives every single one as it arrives on the server.

It makes no difference whether I'm on mobile data or WiFi.

Is this a 520 problem or a WP8 problem? It doesn't appear to be an Office 365 problem as it works fine with the iPhone.

Thanks...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Lumia 520 yet, but my work Office 365 email pushes instantly consistently on my Lumia 920. Always before my PC, which uses Outlook 2013

Umiamz

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I put the SIM back in the iPhone and that's now missing push e-mails. Also, the Windows 8 mail app is missing them, too.

It must be an Office 365 issue after all.

Umiamz

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Is this on the new Office 365 platform (Exchange 2013)? There definitely appears to be an issue with push e-mail. All my users who use push e-mail are having issues now.

I turned on EAS logging, which shows that the Exchange server claims to be notifying the mobile devices when a new e-mail is received - these are not always being received by the mobile devices, though. However, the default heartbeat period is 15 minutes, so e-mails do get received eventually, but anything up to 15 minutes late. Not ideal, but not a complete disaster either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon