02-24-2015 03:20 AM
55 123
tools
    I own a Lumia 520 and I seriously wouldn't recommend it. Within the first 6 months the phone crashed twice, and I had to go and get it to the repair center both times. The power button got stuck, so i had to get it to the center again, within a few months the volume up button followed suite. The charger stopped working sometime during its second crash so I had to use one from an old Alcatel. Then about a week ago, it crashed again. The repair center was a bit far away, and I got fed up with the phone so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Did a soft reset, the phone buzzed thrice, nothing else happened. Charged it for a couple of hours nothing happened. Got it checked up (not in the official repair center, the warranty expired anyways) the guy hooked up a voltage-something machine to the phone and told me that the phone had a problem with electricity and that something went funky with the internals (i forgot his exact words). He told me to send it to Nokia again. I am seriously annoyed with this as the warranty expired a few days before the phone crashed. The phone is sturdy I'll admit, it took a fall from the second floor and remained mostly unscathed, the edge got warped a bit, but it isn't noticeable. But still, the phone barely lasted for a year, don't buy it.
    01-04-2015 05:59 AM
    I own a Lumia 520 and I seriously wouldn't recommend it. Within the first 6 months the phone crashed twice, and I had to go and get it to the repair center both times. The power button got stuck, so i had to get it to the center again, within a few months the volume up button followed suite. The charger stopped working sometime during its second crash so I had to use one from an old Alcatel. Then about a week ago, it crashed again. The repair center was a bit far away, and I got fed up with the phone so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Did a soft reset, the phone buzzed thrice, nothing else happened. Charged it for a couple of hours nothing happened. Got it checked up (not in the official repair center, the warranty expired anyways) the guy hooked up a voltage-something machine to the phone and told me that the phone had a problem with electricity and that something went funky with the internals (i forgot his exact words). He told me to send it to Nokia again. I am seriously annoyed with this as the warranty expired a few days before the phone crashed. The phone is sturdy I'll admit, it took a fall from the second floor and remained mostly unscathed, the edge got warped a bit, but it isn't noticeable. But still, the phone barely lasted for a year, don't buy it.
    That sounds like a lot of bad luck. I've had my Lumia 520 for a year now and haven't had any problems with it.

Did the phone take a fall from the second floor before or after it crashed twice?
    01-18-2015 11:52 AM
    I have been using Lumia 520 since 1 and a half year and fortunately its running perfectly fine.
    This phone was the best budget smartphone in the world.
    Even though it doesn't have front camera and flash, I am still enjoying it using since 1 years and more.
    I thought that as it was a low budget smartphone then its does not have strong gorilla glass like screen but trust me it has been fell by me more then 14-15 times and not a single crack on my screen.
    I am lucky enough to be using windows from windows 8 to black to denim and may be in future WINDOWS 10.
    Even though it does not have apps features like android does but I like windows application user interface much more than android and ios .
    It has rich ui than android and ios as I think so.
    Everyone has different opinions and I do so.
    Last edited by vdfl; 02-17-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    02-17-2015 01:57 AM
    Just got one as a backup phone and I am pleasantly surprised by the build. For 30$ this is a steal for a smartphone. Also, I'm pretty amazed by the camera on this. It isn't anything close to a 920, but the amount of light that it captures is pretty darn good considering there's not a flash on this. For those looking for a quick replacement phone but need the WP experience, I think the 520 could fill that gap.
    02-18-2015 01:26 AM
    I am using Lumia 520 and I like this phone.
    Screen size (inches) 4.00
    Processor 1GHz dual-core
    RAM 512MB
    Internal storage 8GB
    Expandable storage Yes
    Expandable storage type microSD
    Expandable storage up to (GB) 64
    Rear camera 5-megapixel
    Operating System Windows Phone 8
    Really! its's amazing phone. I have 64GB storage in my lumia 520.
    02-24-2015 03:20 AM
55 123