Guys suggest me battery !

Amit Choubey1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I bought a Lumia 520 for my brother yesterday and he is not happy with the battery performance. The 1430mah battery seems to be draining soon for him as he uses 3G and still the battery is not that good.Value for money though.Anyway , It uses a BL-5J battery and I am planning to buy a spare battery but I have seen the below given products. Please tell me your opinion whether I should go for this or not and what should I do.Thanks.

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2450mAh High Capacity Replacement Gold Battery BL 5J For NOKIA 5230 5800 N900 X6 XpressMusic FREE SHIPPING from Reliable Gold Battery for NOKIA BL-5J 5800 suppliers on Mumu liu's store

BXT 2600mah Standard Li-ion Spare Replacement Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2430mAh-BL-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1988759

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
As much as possible, don't buy something that's not a first-party Nokia battery. You should go ahead, if you trust that source.
It's your risk, though, if you want to try it out. The largest official Nokia batteries ever were actually made during the WP era, and even they aren't that large.

Also, the Lumia 520 should last ~5 hours while browsing, according to GSM Arena.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You have used the phone for a day. Battery life improves over the first couple of weeks. It takes a few charge cycles to get it to optimum. So dont jump into buying a new battery.

Amit Choubey1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys but its just that 1430 mAh is not enough and its getting drained.
I'm ready to pay for an extra battery but I'm confused which one should I go for from the above three.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Buddy I need a battery only.Don't need a charger.Please suggest me someone what should I do.

dont rush into buying a battery. Battery life will increase in a couple of weeks, its a known fact. Meanwhile, turn off background tasks for those apps which are unnecessary. (settings > applications > background tasks). Also, when not using Bluetooth and tap+send NFC, turn it off. Check the brightness settings. Use WiFi as far as possible. If you must rely on 3g, then make sure you have turned off tasks you dont need.

If you must have a battery backup, I think its better to go for an external charger. Nokia has a charger called dc16, U can check it out at a Nokia store.

Joseph Jung

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Those chinese imported batteries don't last very long - both durability and longevity-wise. Had a couple for my PSP a few years back and they would last about half as long with the same listed maH.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery life will increase in a couple of weeks, its a known fact.

No, it's not a fact. It's actually a myth. Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries do not increase their charge capacity with a couple of weeks use. What happens is people stop playing with their phones as much after a couple of weeks (thereby lower the amount of time the screen is on) which gives the perception that the battery life is increasing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs