Insurance Question

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not sure which forum to stick this question, so figured I'd put it into the one for the phone I'm getting.

I am going to buy a new N520 for my son on a monthly contract as a birthday present. He's still at school and obviously there is the chance of it being stolen - in fact some years ago he had one stolen from the gym changing rooms even though it was apparently "locked away" in the teachers room...hmmm, but the school accepts not responsibility for such things.

Anyway, my question is, as a parent, does anyone know whether buying a phone and giving it to someone else invalidates the insurance? I mean, if its stolen / broken, the phone wouldn't have been in my possession at the time so would that not invalidate the cover?

So how do you go about buying the insurance cover for the phone in this situation?

BTW, I never buy insurance for my own phones, but as a 14 year old, out playing, at school, out with mates, you know how it is - things tend to be more likely to happen.
I tried to ask the question on the Carphone Warehouse website (where I will be buying the phone) but they don't have a working email address and their forums wouldn't accept my login details.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess you should pick one of those that credit in cash instead of device replacement. I remember someone here complaint that his insurance offer him other phone just because that particular model is out of stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12