The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hi everyone,

I just bought a Lumia 520 over the weekend and like it very much. I also bought the global license within HERE Drive so that I can use the navigation application in many other countries.

Now the thing is, I just realized that the MY COMMUTE feature was never even part of HERE Drive application and upgrading to the July 13 version of HERE Drive did not rectify the issue.

I live in Canada and was wondering if you are noticing the same issue with HERE Drive.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by internalaudit; 07-16-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    07-15-2013 01:02 AM
    Maybe I'm wrong but the My Commute don't work on the 520, sorry
    internalaudit likes this.
    07-15-2013 07:15 AM
    I have it with my Lumia 920

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    07-15-2013 07:44 AM
    I have it with my Lumia 920

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Yours came with HERE Drive+. Seems like the HERE Drive did not come with MY COMMUTE, and even after the update, it still doesn't have the feature.

Hoping Nokia rectifies that but I won't need it until December.
    07-15-2013 08:54 AM
    i think L520 doesnt have a compass...therefore no such feature...even city lense is missing !!
    07-15-2013 09:03 AM
    I have the 720 with Here Drive and I have My Commute (in Italian is I miei viaggi), but I think Ashish Saraf1 is correct
    07-15-2013 09:44 AM
    i think L520 doesnt have a compass...therefore no such feature...even city lense is missing !!
    Yes, it is missing the compass and so City Lens will not be an available/functionally app but I've confirmed with a few people that it doesn't affect navigation. Navigation does work as I've already tried it out. It's just MY COMMUTE that is missing from the HERE Drive app and that can't possibly be just my phone. Other users may just not have noticed it.

I have the 720 with Here Drive and I have My Commute (in Italian is I miei viaggi), but I think Ashish Saraf1 is correct
    Thanks for confirming that you have MY COMMUTE on your 720's HERE Drive.

May I ask if your HERE drive version number is 3.0.4087.0 and updated July 13, 2013?
    07-15-2013 09:50 AM
    Yes, it's 3.0.4087.0 updated July 13.
    I said My Commute don't work on the 520 because I read it somewhere
    07-15-2013 09:54 AM
    I can confirm on my 920 that My Commute works and is available in Canada. I used it for the first time this morning.

I don't see why it wouldn't be available for the 520. Navigation does not require the compass as the GPS can calculate your direction as you move.
    07-15-2013 10:04 AM
    Try a search on the Nokia support page
    07-15-2013 10:26 AM
    I can confirm on my 920 that My Commute works and is available in Canada. I used it for the first time this morning.

I don't see why it wouldn't be available for the 520. Navigation does not require the compass as the GPS can calculate your direction as you move.
    how do you use it? I've put the live tile but it doesn't show any info yet... Do I have to at least go from point A to B before it shows info on the live tile?
    07-15-2013 10:30 AM
    Yes, it's 3.0.4087.0 updated July 13.
    I said My Commute don't work on the 520 because I read it somewhere
    Quite possible but doesn't make sense how the app can differentiate between phones. If my 520 really can't make use of MY COMMUTE, then shouldn't it still be appearing in HERE Drive but not functional? To the right of my FAVORITES under settings is SAVE DESTINATION. In the images from the Windows Store, MY COMMUTE is clearly shown.

Oh well, I've already complained to Nokia about the app. It's not a deal breaker for me especially if in the future, HERE Drive gets increased functionality, but still, Nokia should have a caveat for 520 buyers because all they said was that for 520, 720 and 521 owners, a 15.49 EURO payment would upgrade functionality to HERE Drive+

Thanks. Yes I did my research and knew the 520 should be good enough for navigation purposes.

I think your HERE Drive is the + version though because your 920 came with the global license.
    Last edited by internalaudit; 07-15-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    07-15-2013 10:32 AM
    Mine is indeed the +version, but the only different should be the global license for mine is free.
    07-15-2013 04:35 PM
    Mine is indeed the +version, but the only different should be the global license for mine is free.
    Thanks ImmortalWarrior for your response. Nokia Canada got back to me and said they will escalate the matter.

I actually have Google Navigation for Canada (Bell sort of unlimited plan) and I believe that has rerouting. I haven't actually tested Waze yet but they've been bought out I believe by Google.

I have a standalone Garmin GPS I can still get updated maps for and would like to use HERE Drive for some exotic countries I can't get Garmin maps for. :)

It is strange and it seems Nokia may have put the wrong version onto the Windows Store.
    07-15-2013 05:38 PM
    521 has Here Drive Beta only ver 3.0.4087.0 and has My Commute. My L810 has Drive + with My Commute also.
    07-15-2013 06:53 PM
    For those with Lumia 520 and have the MY COMMUTE feature, can you let me know which country you are from?

I'll try to change my region/setting before reinstalling to see if it works though I've contact Nokia and let them know about the issue.

Thank you so much.
    07-15-2013 11:29 PM
    how do you use it? I've put the live tile but it doesn't show any info yet... Do I have to at least go from point A to B before it shows info on the live tile?
    Well, like I said, I've only used it for one day. I came across an old article on Nokia conversations that explained that if you have here running, but not navigating it will track your movements. If you repeat a particular route several times it will automatically add that as a commute. However, the new version appears to function a little differently.

So I set my commute and used it today, and I am leaving HERE Drive running as I do my day to day driving to see if it picks up on additional commutes. Tomorrow morning I will see if it detected my custom route from today and see how it performs.
    07-16-2013 12:48 AM
    I asked in an Italian forum and the My Commute work in the L520
    07-16-2013 01:02 AM
    Hi Everyone,

A Nokia Representative over at Nokia Connect mentioned this morning about a SIM card check prior to MY COMMUTE showing up. So that got me thinking.

I can confirm that with a valid SIM card (from one of the select countries) on your phone, MY COMMUTE feature will show up. I put my wife's SIM card once more and MY COMMUTE would show up; upon removal of the SIM, the feature just disappears.

I actually cut an old, inactive SIM to Micro SIM card size, slipped it in and it worked. Not sure if this will work indefinitely since that SIM would have been deactivated a long time ago. I'm probably the only one who tried not to activate a SIM card and went directly to purchasing the Global License thinking that a SIM card -less phone would have all the HERE Drive features. LOL.

For those who have an inactive SIM card lying around that can be used on your Lumia's, here's a template I found:

Micro SIM card template:
    http://www.thechinacellphone.com/micro_sim_template.pdf

Thanks again for all your help. Now, I'm a very happy man. :)

Don't forget to download the Lumia Storage Check so you can put all your downloaded maps onto your microsd cards:
    Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    07-16-2013 08:56 PM
    I haven't traveled with my Lumia phone but the live tile is the short cut to MY COMMUTE and not to a particular commute. You can swipe left or right and have various saved commutes show up. Maybe the latest commute details of many will show up in the live tile.
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
    07-16-2013 08:58 PM
    Thanks. I'm using my 820 as a media device now, and was looking for the My Commute feature. It did work on my 520 when I used my 520 (no longer) with my SIM (I'm on a contracted plan with AT&T). I put an unactivated GoPhone SIM in the 820, and the My Commute feature appeared.
    04-11-2014 05:57 PM